Subject: RFC 7725 on An HTTP Status Code to Report Legal Obstacles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:33:08 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7725

        Title:      An HTTP Status Code to 
                    Report Legal Obstacles 
        Author:     T. Bray
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9309
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-legally-restricted-status-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7725

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7725

This document specifies a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) status
code for use when resource access is denied as a consequence of legal
demands.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Martin J. Dürst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 16:30:17 +0900

Congratulations to everybody involved.

Regards,   Martin.

P.S.: This even got a mention in the dead-tree version of Wired (March 
issue)

On 2016/03/01 08:33, [email-masked] wrote:
> .