Subject: HTTP/2 over QUIC ?

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 19:16:56 -0800

Hi,

the QUIC draft <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tsvwg-quic-protocol-02> 
notes..

   12.  HTTP/2 Layering over QUIC

    Since QUIC integrates various HTTP/2 mechanisms with transport
    mechanisms, QUIC implements a number of features that are also
    specified in HTTP/2.  As a result, QUIC allows HTTP/2 mechanisms to
    be replaced by QUIC's implementation, reducing complexity in the
    HTTP/2 protocol. This section briefly describes how HTTP/2 semantics
    can be offered over a QUIC implementation.

Has anyone as yet gone through the exercise of drafting an http2-over-quic I-D ?

just curious,

=JeffH

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 21:50:37 +1100

> Has anyone as yet gone through the exercise of drafting an http2-over-quic

I believe that the quic-protocol is intended to describe this.  There
are a few gaps (some of them huge) but I believe that the mapping is
fairly straightforward.  Moreso given that the frames have identical
names.

---

From: Ryan Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 14:45:34 -0800

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 2:50 AM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> > Has anyone as yet gone through the exercise of drafting an
> http2-over-quic
> > I-D ?
>

​Indeed, that is exactly the plan. There are some huge gaps, but that's on
the QUIC project's to-do list.

Cheers,

Ryan