Subject: Alissa Cooper's Yes on draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc-12: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:55:45 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc-12: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Couple of places where the language used was confusing for me:

= Sec 2.4 =

s/it can be used until the alternative connection is established./the
existing connection can be used until the alternative connection is
established./

= Sec 3.1 =

OLD
Unknown parameters MUST be ignored, that is
   the values (alt-value) they appear in MUST be processed as if the
   unknown parameter was not present.

NEW
Unknown parameters MUST be ignored. That is,
   the values (alt-value) in which they appear MUST be processed as if
the
   unknown parameters were not present.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:01:35 +1100

Hi Alissa,

> On 26 Feb 2016, at 10:55 AM, Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

That would make it:

The client does not need to block requests on any existing connection; the existing connection can be used until the alternative connection is established.

... which is a bit repetitive. How about:

The client does not need to block requests on the existing connection(s), which can be used until the alternative connection is established.

>   unknown parameters were not present.

https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/de90f7fe1a7e360

Thanks!

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/