Subject: Last Call: <draft-alakuijala-brotli-08.txt> (Brotli Compressed Data Format) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 06:34:19 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Brotli Compressed Data Format'
  <draft-alakuijala-brotli-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a lossless compressed data format that
   compresses data using a combination of the LZ77 algorithm and Huffman
   coding, with efficiency comparable to the best currently available
   general-purpose compression methods.

This document was originally submitted to the Independent Stream Editor,
and has been reviewed there.  It was switched to the IETF Stream because
it requests a registration in the HTTP Content Coding Registry, which has
a registration policy of IETF Review.  The document is needed as a normative
reference by W3C.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alakuijala-brotli/

When IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alakuijala-brotli/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2396/