Subject: [Errata Verified] RFC7234 (4674)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 10:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC7234,
"Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Caching". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7234&eid=4674

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Vasiliy Faronov <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-04-21
Verified by: Alexey Melnikov (IESG)

Section: 5.4

Original Text
-------------
   When sending a no-cache request, a client ought to include both the
   pragma and cache-control directives, unless Cache-Control: no-cache
   is purposefully omitted to target other Cache-Control response
                                                         ^^^^^^^^
   directives at HTTP/1.1 caches.

Corrected Text
--------------
   When sending a no-cache request, a client ought to include both the
   pragma and cache-control directives, unless Cache-Control: no-cache
   is purposefully omitted to target other Cache-Control request
                                                         ^^^^^^^
   directives at HTTP/1.1 caches.

Notes
-----
"other Cache-Control response directives" was probably intended to be "other Cache-Control request directives," because a request cannot have response directives.

--------------------------------------
RFC7234 (draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-26)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Caching
Publication Date    : June 2014
Author(s)           : R. Fielding, Ed., M. Nottingham, Ed., J. Reschke, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis APP
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG