Subject: Fwd: RFC 7838 on HTTP Alternative Services

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 12:20:16 +0200

(FYI)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RFC 7838 on HTTP Alternative Services
Date: Thu,  7 Apr 2016 17:49:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 7838

         Title:      HTTP Alternative Services
         Author:     M. Nottingham, P. McManus, J. Reschke
         Status:     Standards Track
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       April 2016
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      20
         Characters: 42681
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc-14.txt

         URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7838

         DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7838

This document specifies "Alternative Services" for HTTP, which allow
an origin's resources to be authoritatively available at a separate
network location, possibly accessed with a different protocol
configuration.

This document is a product of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working 
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC