Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7540 (4720)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 23:46:25 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7540,
"Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 (HTTP/2)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7540&eid=4720

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Kazu Yamamoto <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.2.1

Original Text
-------------
Pushed responses are always associated with an explicit request from
the client.  The PUSH_PROMISE frames sent by the server are sent on
that explicit request's stream. 

Corrected Text
--------------
Promised requests are always associated with an explicit request from
the client.  The PUSH_PROMISE frames sent by the server are sent on
that explicit request's stream. 

Notes
-----
This section talks about promised requests, not pushed responses.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7540 (draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-17)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 (HTTP/2)
Publication Date    : May 2015
Author(s)           : M. Belshe, R. Peon, M. Thomson, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis APP
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG