Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-00.txt

From: Mike West <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 07:34:35 +0200

This -00 draft kicks off the process of updating RFC6265. The text should
be identical to the existing RFC, with the exception of the addition of
explicit step numbers to various algorithms for clarity. I would appreciate
it if interested folks would spot check this port, as it will serve as the
basis for the various changes that the group has suggested it would be
comfortable making.

In the near future, I plan to start bringing in text from the various
drafts we've adopted ("Leave Secure Cookies Alone
<https://httpwg.github.io/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-cookie-alone.html>",
"Cookie Prefixes
<https://httpwg.github.io/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-cookie-prefixes.html>",
"Same-Site Cookies
<https://httpwg.github.io/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-cookie-same-site.html>",
and "EAT Cookies <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-http-omnomnom>"),
and addressing some of the open issues
<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aopp-sec>.
I'll try to do so granularly, so folks can have a reasonable chance of
evaluating each set of changes on its own.

Thanks!

-mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-00.txt
To: [email-masked], Mike West <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mike West and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis
Revision:       00
Title:          HTTP State Management Mechanism
Document date:  2016-10-10
Group:          httpbis
Pages:          35
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-httpbis-
rfc6265bis-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-
rfc6265bis/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-00

Abstract:
   This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields.
   These header fields can be used by HTTP servers to store state
   (called cookies) at HTTP user agents, letting the servers maintain a
   stateful session over the mostly stateless HTTP protocol.  Although
   cookies have many historical infelicities that degrade their security
   and privacy, the Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields are widely used
   on the Internet.  This document obsoletes RFC 2965.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:27:50 +0200

On 2016-10-11 07:34, Mike West wrote:
> This -00 draft kicks off the process of updating RFC6265. The text
> should be identical to the existing RFC, with the exception of the
> addition of explicit step numbers to various algorithms for clarity. I
> would appreciate it if interested folks would spot check this port, as
> it will serve as the basis for the various changes that the group has
> suggested it would be comfortable making.
>
> and "EAT Cookies
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-http-omnomnom>"), and
> addressing some of the open issues

FWIW, the changes from RFC 6265 are these: 
<https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-00.txt>

Best regards, Julian