Subject: [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC7230 (4779)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 13:35:11 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC7230, "Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Message Syntax and Routing". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7230&eid=4779

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: William A. Rowe Jr. <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-08-18
Held by: Alexey Melnikov (IESG)

Section: A.2.

Original Text
-------------
   [...] Non-US-ASCII content in header fields and the reason
   phrase has been obsoleted and made opaque (the TEXT rule was
   removed).  (Section 3.2.6)

Corrected Text
--------------
   [...] Non-US-ASCII content in header field values and the reason
   phrase has been obsoleted and made opaque (the TEXT rule was
   removed).  (Section 3.2.6)

Notes
-----
Section 3.2 plainly states header field names are token 
(VCHARs less separators) as defined in 3.2.6. 

The "header fields" identified in this footnote are neither 
clear nor correct.

Alexey: While this is a clarification, the whole section is likely to be deleted when the document is revised.

--------------------------------------
RFC7230 (draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-26)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Message Syntax and Routing
Publication Date    : June 2014
Author(s)           : R. Fielding, Ed., J. Reschke, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis APP
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG