Subject: Re: Review of draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc5987bis-04

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 12:50:49 +0100

Hi Stewart,

thanks a lot.

 > ...
> Nits/editorial comments:
>
> Should say
>
> Obsoletes: RFC5987 (if approved) ("RFC" missing)

No. See <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7322#section-4.1.4>.

> Extended notation, using the Unicode characters U+00A3 ("£", POUND
> SIGN) and U+20AC ("€", EURO SIGN):
>
> My European computer can display £ and €, but not sure if all can or
> whether the RFC series supports these symbols. There symbols were not
> present in RFC5987, they were just named.

Yes, that's intentional.

The new RFC format (see RFC 7990 etc) allows the use of non-ASCII 
characters for things like I18N related examples and contact 
information, and that's exactly how it is used here.

Best regards, Julian