Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc5987bis-04.txt> (Indicating Character Encoding and Language for HTTP Header Field Parameters) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 07:24:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'Indicating Character Encoding and Language for HTTP Header Field
   Parameters'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc5987bis-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   By default, header field values in Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
   messages cannot easily carry characters outside the US-ASCII coded
   character set.  RFC 2231 defines an encoding mechanism for use in
   parameters inside Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) header
   field values.  This document specifies an encoding suitable for use
   in HTTP header fields that is compatible with a simplified profile of
   the encoding defined in RFC 2231.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5987.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc5987bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc5987bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.