Subject: [Errata Verified] RFC7233 (4664)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 07:24:34 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC7233,
"Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Range Requests". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7233&eid=4664

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Amichai Rothman <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-04-13
Verified by: Alexey Melnikov (IESG)

Section: 4.4

Original Text
-------------
The 416 (Range Not Satisfiable) status code indicates that none of
the ranges in the request's Range header field (Section 3.1) overlap
the current extent of the selected resource or that the set of ranges
requested has been rejected due to invalid ranges or an excessive
request of small or overlapping ranges.

Corrected Text
--------------
The 416 (Range Not Satisfiable) status code indicates that none of
the ranges in the request's Range header field (Section 3.1) overlap
the current extent of the selected representation or that the set of
ranges requested has been rejected due to invalid ranges or an excessive
request of small or overlapping ranges.

Notes
-----
The overlap may depend on the representation, not only the resource, as is the case with byte ranges.

--------------------------------------
RFC7233 (draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range-26)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Range Requests
Publication Date    : June 2014
Author(s)           : R. Fielding, Ed., Y. Lafon, Ed., J. Reschke, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis APP
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG