Subject: HTTPBis Agenda for Chicago IETF 98

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:17:07 -0400

Folk - two things in this note for your attention

 1] An agenda for our meeting (also available in DataTracker)
 2] A note on the room layout

1] HTTP Working Group Agenda - IETF 98

* [Meeting chat](xmpp:[email-masked]?join)
* [Meetecho](http://www.meetecho.com/ietf98/httpbis) remote participation
* [Minutes](http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/ietf98httpbis)

*Taking minutes? See [our guide](
https://github.com/httpwg/wiki/wiki/TakingMinutes)*

## Friday, 31 March 2017

_9:00-11:30, Vevey 1/2_

### Administrivia

* 2 min - Blue sheets / scribe selection / NOTE WELL
* 3 min - Agenda bashing

### Active Drafts (12 minutes each)

* [Early Hints](https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints)
* [Expect-CT](https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-expect-ct)
* [Header Common Structure](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure)
* [Immutable Responses](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-immutable)
* [Cache Digests for HTTP/2](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest)
* [The ORIGIN HTTP/2 Frame](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-frame)
* [RFC6265bis: Cookies](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis)
* [Random Access and Live Content](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live)

### QUIC Working Group Collaboration

* 25 min - Mike Bishop -- Update on the mapping of HTTP/2 and QUIC

### Feedback

* 10 min - Feng Qian -- Cross Layer Interaction of H2 Connection Management

### Possible Future Work

* 10 min - Mark Nottingham -- Retry / Replay and HTTP

2] FYI - regarding the room, we are currently scheduled for the
"experimental room layout" experiment so there will be a twist in how we
are seated. We're on Friday though, so hopefully by then its old news. I
thought Lars had a good note on this to the QUIC wg who has the same
situation:

"[..] this room will have a conference or U-shape table up front, with
space for about 30 people. It will also have classroom-style seating for
about another 120.

The idea of the experiment is to get away from the mic-line-statement-style
of interaction, to a more free-flowing discussion the table, which
hopefully will allow for better communication and faster progress.

If you are a regular participant, please do sit at the conference table, no
need to ask. This obviously includes our document editors, folks in the
"contributors" team on GitHub, but also everyone else who expects to
comment on things. If you're in doubt whether you should sit at the table,
sit at the table.

There will obviously still be the regular floor mics, and all contributions
carry the same weight and will be recognized in the same way. The
conference table setup is simply an experiment to see if a different kind
of room arrangement would better suit certain WGs.

Please do let the chairs and ADs know afterwards if you felt like the
experiment worked out or not, and why!"

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:07:06 +1100

Patrick, do you have documents you can link to for the last three
items?  I have two of these, so I'm only asking as a service to
others; does the connection management item have any background
reading material associated with it?

On 15 March 2017 at 07:17, Patrick McManus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> *Taking minutes? See [our
> guide](https://github.com/httpwg/wiki/wiki/TakingMinutes)*
>
>
> ## Friday, 31 March 2017
>
> _9:00-11:30, Vevey 1/2_
>
> ### Administrivia
>
> * [Header Common
> Structure](https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure)
> * [Immutable
> Responses](https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-immutable)
> * [Cache Digests for
> HTTP/2](https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest)
> * [The ORIGIN HTTP/2
> Frame](https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-frame)
> * [RFC6265bis:
> Cookies](https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis)
> * [Random Access and Live
> Content](https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live)
>
> "experimental room layout" experiment so there will be a twist in how we are
> seated. We're on Friday though, so hopefully by then its old news. I thought
> Lars had a good note on this to the QUIC wg who has the same situation:
>
> "[..] this room will have a conference or U-shape table up front, with space
> for about 30 people. It will also have classroom-style seating for about
> another 120.
>
> of interaction, to a more free-flowing discussion the table, which hopefully
> will allow for better communication and faster progress.
>
> "contributors" team on GitHub, but also everyone else who expects to comment
> on things. If you're in doubt whether you should sit at the table, sit at
> the table.
>
> carry the same weight and will be recognized in the same way. The conference
> table setup is simply an experiment to see if a different kind of room
> arrangement would better suit certain WGs.
>

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:09:44 -0400

> reading material associated with it?

But we work so hard to put a little mystery in your life!

Obviously the bulk of the agenda is taken up by the adopted linked drafts,
as we get closer to the meeting the other speakers are likely to provide
slides that we'll add to the data tracker meeting materials. I didn't want
to presume to define their presentations by linking anything to the agenda
for them.

however, folks might find the following to be relevant background :)

https://quicwg.github.io/base-drafts/draft-ietf-quic-http.html
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~fengqian/paper/smig_conext16.pdf
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-httpbis-retry

> are
> space
> hopefully
> comment
> conference