Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-08.txt> (Encrypted Content-Encoding for HTTP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 10:34:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'Encrypted Content-Encoding for HTTP'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo introduces a content coding for HTTP that allows message
   payloads to be encrypted.

Note to Readers

   Discussion of this draft takes place on the HTTP working group
   mailing list ([email-masked]), which is archived at
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/ .

   Working Group information can be found at http://httpwg.github.io/ ;
   source code and issues list for this draft can be found at
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/labels/encryption .

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2777/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc5869: HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation Function (HKDF) (Informational - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.