Subject: Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:06:14 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

>From Pete's Gen-ART review:

Nits/editorial comments: Looks fine from a non-security-expert's
perspective. It is my duty to ask about keyid in section 2.1:

      A "keyid" parameter SHOULD be a UTF-8
      [RFC3629] encoded string, particularly where the identifier might
      need to appear in a textual form.

I presume that simply means "might need to be rendered" and does not
include "might need to be typed in by someone", correct? The former is
easy; the latter probably requires a bit more text.

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 16:49:44 +1000

> easy; the latter probably requires a bit more text.

I followed up with Pete.