Subject: Protocol Action: 'Encrypted Content-Encoding for HTTP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 07:10:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Encrypted Content-Encoding for HTTP'
  (draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben
Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding/

Technical Summary

   This memo introduces a content-coding for HTTP that allows message payloads to be encrypted.

Working Group Summary

   This document has been discussed for some time in the Working Group,
   going through several revisions and reviews. The editor is primarily
   responsible for the design, but reviews by a number of other people
   have shaped its design over time.

   The most immediate use case comes from the WEBPUSH WG.

Document Quality

   A list of implementations can be found at:
<https://github.com/httpwg/wiki/wiki/EncryptedContentEncoding>
Note that some need to be updated to reflect the latest draft.

Personnel

   Mark Nottingham is the document shepherd; Alexey Melnikov is the responsible Area Director.