Subject: 2017-05-19- Internet Protocol sub QoS packet Prioritization for Multiplexing Streams(http-Quick) - Linux Network Stack

From: Wesley Oliver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 15:52:16 +0200

Hi guys,

Could any of you be able to give me any recommendations on the Internet
Protocol sub QoS packet Prioritization for Multiplexing Streams(http-Quick)
high level document below with regards to.
The best and lightest Linux compilable one could get hold of to get into
the network stack, to start looking at technical details for implementation
on what is possible, such that I can start formulating a more concrete
technical document.

Pros and Cons would probably help, me determine where to start.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjL7R46GMITykS8T61Nv83CX2zsFz
4zjxV51WoMQXp8/edit

Kind Regards,

Wesley Oliver

-- 
-- 
Web Site that I have developed:
http://www.swimdynamics.co.za

Skype: wezley_oliver
MSN messenger: [email-masked]

---

From: Wesley Oliver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 12:04:58 +0200

Hi,

I am firmilar and gave it another read again. The thing is that all of
these traffic management solutions,
are by some external internet convention for internet back bone and used
for shaping traffic extra.

What I am looking for is sub Active Queue Management and sub all this other
types of traffic identification by convention handling(DiffServ).
Which will give the ability eventually at application level, to be able to
have fine grained control over how I want my packets that
are in flight to be priorities according my application needs and not that
of general traffic.

Imagion that manage to get flow rate of 100kb pipe between server and
client, but as of current can have 200kb in flight
potentially in buffers, I would like to still be able to send additional
packets and have them prioritize over existing packets
such in buffers. This would allow me to reliable base on current network
flow conditions, get important payloads to the client with
no block apposed to attempt initiate another high level connection which
still needs to gage the network conditions.

Kind Regards,

Wesley Oliver

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Are you familiar with AQM (and DiffServ) technology that already exists?
>
> E.g. see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7567 and many other documents.
>
> On 5/19/2017 9:52 AM, Wesley Oliver wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjL7R46GMITykS8T61Nv83CX
> 2zsFz4zjxV51WoMQXp8/edit
>
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Wesley Oliver
>
>
> --
> --

Skype: wezley_oliver