Subject: RFC 8164 on Opportunistic Security for HTTP/2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 20:58:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8164

        Title:      Opportunistic Security for HTTP/2 
        Author:     M. Nottingham, 
                    M. Thomson
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19620
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8164

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8164

This document describes how "http" URIs can be accessed using
Transport Layer Security (TLS) and HTTP/2 to mitigate pervasive
monitoring attacks.  This mechanism not a replacement for "https"
URIs; it is vulnerable to active attacks.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC