Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 19:06:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : Cache Digests for HTTP/2
        Authors         : Kazuho Oku
                          Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-05-29

Abstract:
   This specification defines a HTTP/2 frame type to allow clients to
   inform the server of their cache's contents.  Servers can then use
   this to inform their choices of what to push to clients.

Note to Readers

   Discussion of this draft takes place on the HTTP working group
   mailing list ([email-masked]), which is archived at
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/ .

   Working Group information can be found at http://httpwg.github.io/ ;
   source code and issues list for this draft can be found at
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/labels/cache-digest .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 12:14:47 +0900

Hi!

Today I've submitted a new revision of the Cache Digests draft. Please
let us know what you think.

Three notable changes have been made from the previous version:

* added definition of Cache-Digest header (for using Cache Digest on
Service Workers)
* introduced ACCEPT_CACHE_DIGEST SETTINGS parameter for negotiation
* changed intended status to Experimental

Regarding negotiation, the expected behavior is for the client to:
* use TLS 1.3
* for 1-RTT handshake, wait for ACCEPT_CACHE_DIGEST frame before
sending a CACHE_DIGEST frame
 * and record the value of ACCEPT_CACHE_DIGEST parameter in the TLS
session cache
* for 0-RTT handshake, send CACHE_DIGEST frame at 0-RTT if suggested
by the value of ACCEPT_CACHE_DIGEST parameter stored in the TLS
session cache

Note that waiting for ACCEPT_CACHE_DIGEST frame in the 1-RTT handshake
case will not increase the latency since it is the server that talks
first in the case.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: 2017-05-30 11:06 GMT+09:00
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Abstract:

Note to Readers

-- 
Kazuho Oku