Subject: Comments on draft-451-new-protocol-elements-01

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 11:17:16 -0800

-  HTTP status code 451 is increasingly being used to deny access to
      resources based on geographical IP.  The scope of this denial is
      sometimes as finely scoped as a city or a province.  The response
      SHOULD contain a provisional header with geographical scope of
      block.

This seems rather underspecified. What format should this information
be in? I'm not an expert on this kind of thing, but perhaps you want
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5139

-Ekr

---

From: Shivan Kaul Sahib <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 04:52:18 -0500

The draft has TBDs for the geographical header. Part of the goal of
presenting this draft at httpbis wg  is to gain comments (such as yours!)
about what would be a good way to specify the header.

Thanks,
Shivan