Subject: AD review of draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-frame-04

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 04:31:39 +0800

Hi,
This is a well written document. I initiated IETF Last Call for it.

I only have one small comment/question, which is non blocking:

In Section 2.3:

 The set of origins (as per [RFC6454]) that a given connection might
 be used for is known in this specification as the Origin Set.

 By default, the Origin Set for a connection is uninitialised. When
 an ORIGIN frame is first received and successfully processed by a
 client, the connection’s Origin Set is defined to contain an initial
 origin. The initial origin is composed from:

I think I understand what you are saying here: when the Origin Set is
unitialized, it is treated as if the specially created default one is
set. But the above doesn't quite say that and instead talks about the
default set to be used when the first ORIGIN frame is received. Such
first ORIGIN frame immediately updates the Origin Set to include one
more origin.

Or is the semantics of the unitialized Origin Set somehow different from
the case when an empty ORIGIN frame was sent?

Thank you,
Alexey

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 08:36:28 +0800

This is a good comment.  I think that we should say "An uninitialized
Origin Set means that clients apply the coalescing rules from Section
X of RFC7540." or something similar to that after the first sentence
in the second quoted paragraph.

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 06:07:48 +0000 (UTC)

concur with mt.