Subject: Comment on draft-ietf-httpbis-replay-01

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:06:44 +0800

Hi,

When reading draft-ietf-httpbis-replay-01 I noticed what I consider an 
unclarity. In Section 3, bullet 3:

     3.  If the server receives multiple requests in early data, it can
        determine whether to defer HTTP processing on a per-request
        basis.  This may require buffering the responses to preserve
        ordering in HTTP/1.1.

In the context this is written it is not clear in what context one 
should consider "multiple requests" in. Is this only for the specific 
HTTP(/2) connection, or for the security context of the TLS, or across 
some other context the server may have?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Technologies, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:11:08 +0800

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Magnus Westerlund
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> In the context this is written it is not clear in what context one should
> consider "multiple requests" in. Is this only for the specific HTTP(/2)
> connection, or for the security context of the TLS, or across some other
> context the server may have?

Does this matter?

Whether this is limited to the same connection, or whether it is
global across all server instances, the point is correct.  Of course,
the buffering point only really applies to the same connection, so
it's implied that this is for a single connection.