Subject: Call For Adoption HTTPbis: Http-ter

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:30:28 +0000

Dear HTTPbis friends,

During IETF 101 in London we did a consensus hum on the call for adoption
of the work presented as HTTP-ter -
https://github.com/httpwg/wg-materials/blob/1dbc70bab5ec0c75316cd6829f658265bda101b0/ietf101/ietf-101-httptre.pdf

This work is largely represented by the suite of drafts known as
draft-fileding-httpbis-http-* to be jointly edited by Roy Fielding, Mark
Nottingham, and  Julian Reschke. The working group directed the editors to
produce a smaller number of documents than were used by the HTTPbis, but to
use their editorial discretion in finding the best arrangement. The working
group also declared a concrete discussion of 'http semantics' to be in
scope for this effort.

I've consulted with the editors and if the work is confirmed to be adopted
they will add a http-core repo into the httpwg github account to use for
coordination. This is meant to complement the existing http-extensions repo.

I will work with our AD to determine if a Milestone is suitable for this
effort.

The room showed a strong consensus for adopting the work and now we need to
confirm that on the mailing list.

I will leave the call for adoption open through the end of Friday March
30th (wherever it might still be March 30th). Please reply to this thread
to comment on the issue.

If you participated in the meeting (whether in person or remotely) you have
already been counted and don't need to reply to this thread unless you'd
like to offer new information.

Thanks.
Patrick

---

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 05:51:25 +0100

> 30th (wherever it might still be March 30th). Please reply to this thread

It's absolutely essential we work on maintaining the spec in good shape,
strong +1 from me!

Willy

---

From: Amos Jeffries <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 22:25:31 +1300

> It's absolutely essential we work on maintaining the spec in good shape,

And from me. +1

Amos

---

From: Daniel Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 11:37:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Patrick McManus wrote:

> I will leave the call for adoption open through the end of Friday March 30th 
> (wherever it might still be March 30th). Please reply to this thread to 
> comment on the issue.

I'm very much in favor of adoption!

-- 

  / daniel.haxx.se