Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8336 (5378)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 12:32:45 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8336,
"The ORIGIN HTTP/2 Frame".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5378

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.1

Original Text
-------------
   +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+
   |         Origin-Len (16)       | ASCII-Origin?               ...
   +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+

   Specifically:

   Origin-Len:  An unsigned, 16-bit integer indicating the length, in
      octets, of the ASCII-Origin field.

   Origin:  An OPTIONAL sequence of characters containing the ASCII
      serialization of an origin ([RFC6454], Section 6.2) that the
      sender asserts this connection is or could be authoritative for.

Corrected Text
--------------
   +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+
   |         Origin-Len (16)       | ASCII-Origin?               ...
   +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+

   Specifically:

   Origin-Len:  An unsigned, 16-bit integer indicating the length, in
      octets, of the ASCII-Origin field.

   ASCII-Origin:  An OPTIONAL sequence of characters containing the
      ASCII serialization of an origin ([RFC6454], Section 6.2) that the
      sender asserts this connection is or could be authoritative for.

Notes
-----
The term used in the description of the Frame fields is inconsistent with the figure. I.E. the figure uses "ASCII-Origin" while the text uses "Origin". ASCII-Origin is used elsewhere in the document.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8336 (draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-frame-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The ORIGIN HTTP/2 Frame
Publication Date    : March 2018
Author(s)           : M. Nottingham, E. Nygren
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:28:57 +0200

Confirmed.

Thanks Lucas,

> On 4 Jun 2018, at 9:32 pm, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/