Subject: [Errata Verified] RFC8336 (5378)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 12:38:24 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC8336,
"The ORIGIN HTTP/2 Frame". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5378

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-06-04
Verified by: Alexey Melnikov (IESG)

Section: 2.1

Original Text
-------------
   +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+
   |         Origin-Len (16)       | ASCII-Origin?               ...
   +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+

   Specifically:

   Origin-Len:  An unsigned, 16-bit integer indicating the length, in
      octets, of the ASCII-Origin field.

   Origin:  An OPTIONAL sequence of characters containing the ASCII
      serialization of an origin ([RFC6454], Section 6.2) that the
      sender asserts this connection is or could be authoritative for.

Corrected Text
--------------
   +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+
   |         Origin-Len (16)       | ASCII-Origin?               ...
   +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+

   Specifically:

   Origin-Len:  An unsigned, 16-bit integer indicating the length, in
      octets, of the ASCII-Origin field.

   ASCII-Origin:  An OPTIONAL sequence of characters containing the
   ^^^^^^
      ASCII serialization of an origin ([RFC6454], Section 6.2) that the
      sender asserts this connection is or could be authoritative for.

Notes
-----
The term used in the description of the Frame fields is inconsistent with the figure. I.E. the figure uses "ASCII-Origin" while the text uses "Origin". ASCII-Origin is used elsewhere in the document.

--------------------------------------
RFC8336 (draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-frame-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The ORIGIN HTTP/2 Frame
Publication Date    : March 2018
Author(s)           : M. Nottingham, E. Nygren
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG