Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 03:13:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Structured Headers for HTTP
        Authors         : Mark Nottingham
                          Poul-Henning Kamp
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-06.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2018-06-05

Abstract:
   This document describes a set of data types and algorithms associated
   with them that are intended to make it easier and safer to define and
   handle HTTP header fields.  It is intended for use by new
   specifications of HTTP header fields as well as revisions of existing
   header field specifications when doing so does not cause
   interoperability issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 12:22:25 +0200

FYI - this revision adds serialisation algorithms for the structures, and rearranges things to more clearly separate the abstract data model, parsing and serialisation.

Cheers,

> On 5 Jun 2018, at 12:13 pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Ilari Liusvaara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 15:02:56 +0300

On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 12:22:25PM +0200, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> FYI - this revision adds serialisation algorithms for the structures,
> and rearranges things to more clearly separate the abstract data model,
> parsing and serialisation.

> > 	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-06.txt

Spotted in quick readthrough of the diff:

4.1.7.  Serialising a String	
   Given a string as input:	
   1.  If input is not a sequence of characters, or contains characters	
       outside the range allowed by the ABNF defined in Section 3.7,	
       fail serialisation.	
   2.  Let output be an empty string.	
   3.  Append DQUOTE to output.	
   4.  For each character char in input:	
       1.  If char is "" or DQUOTE:	
           1.  Append "" to output.	
       2.  Append char to output, using ASCII encoding [RFC0020].	
   5.  Append DQUOTE to output.	
   6.  Return output.	

The steps 4.1 and 4.1.1 look off... I am guessing those should have "\"
instead of "".

-Ilari

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 14:06:38 +0200

Markdown escaping; will fix. Thanks!

> On 5 Jun 2018, at 2:02 pm, Ilari Liusvaara <[email-masked]> wrote:
>