Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 00:45:27 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-3/💬7)
  3 issues created:
  - Ordered dictionaries (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/659 [header-structure] 
  - Reconsider padding (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/658 [header-structure] 
  - Combining headers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/657 [header-structure] 

  3 issues received 7 new comments:
  - #655 bcp56bis privacy guidelines section (4 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/655 [bcp56bis] 
  - #659 Ordered dictionaries (2 by bsdphk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/659 [header-structure] 
  - #629 Identifiers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/629 [header-structure] 

  3 issues closed:
  - bcp56bis privacy guidelines section https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/655 [bcp56bis] 
  - Number validation https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/597 [header-structure] 
  - Non-canonical base64 https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/473 [design] [header-structure] 

* httpwg/http-core (+3/-3/💬49)
  3 issues created:
  - Header terminology (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/111 
  - Sending a Validation Request and secondary cache keys (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/110 [caching] 
  - content/transfer coding name "trailers" should be reserved in th registry (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/108 [h1-messaging] [semantics] 

  20 issues received 49 new comments:
  - #45 Header normalization rules (10 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/45 [semantics] 
  - #61 Deprecate Accept-Charset (9 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/61 [semantics] 
  - #97 Allow: response after authentication (8 by reschke, mnot, dilyanpalauzov)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/97 [semantics] 
  - #3 RFC 7231: Include definition of status code 308 (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/3 [semantics] 
  - #8 define upgrade token case-sensitivity (2 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/8 [semantics] 
  - #17 caching (POST) requests with bodies (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/17 [caching] 
  - #103 RFC 7230: ABNF for http(s) URIs contains fragment (2 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/103 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #110 Sending a Validation Request and secondary cache keys (2 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/110 [caching] 
  - #1 Method case sensitivity (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/1 [semantics] 
  - #10 .onion names (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/10 [http-arch] 
  - #20 RFC 5789: Content-Location header usage (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/20 [semantics] 
  - #23 RFC7234: First-hand responses and age (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/23 [caching] 
  - #37 Fragment preservation is overly broad (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/37 
  - #38 More detail about 30x redirect request formation (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/38 [semantics] 
  - #50 Guidelines for modifying semantics in extensions (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/50 [semantics] 
  - #57 Redirect headers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/57 [semantics] 
  - #60 Reason phrase (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/60 [semantics] 
  - #67 Creating a validation request (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/67 [conditional] 
  - #74 Are headers always defined with ABNF? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/74 [semantics] 
  - #101 RFC 7230: chunk-ext ABNF needs to allow more WS (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/101 [erratum] [h1-messaging] 

  3 issues closed:
  - content/transfer coding name "trailers" should be reserved in the registry https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/108 [h1-messaging] [semantics] 
  - Redirect headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/57 [semantics] 
  - Guidelines for modifying semantics in extensions https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/50 [semantics] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-6/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Reword as discussed on list (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/661 [replay] 
  - Accept-CH+Lifetime opt-in is for same-origin resources (by igrigorik)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/656 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #661 Reword as discussed on list (1 by wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/661 [replay] 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Accept-CH+Lifetime opt-in is for same-origin resources
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/656 
  - Ben C review comments
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/649 [replay] 
  - Spencer's q
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/648 [replay] 
  - ekr's review of replay
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/647 [replay] 
  - Adam's editorial suggestsions
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/646 [replay] 
  - Ben's comments
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/645 [replay] 

* httpwg/http-core (+3/-2/💬8)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Mark coding name "trailers" as reserved in the IANA registry (closes #108) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/114 [h1-messaging] 
  - State that transfer codings should not use parameters named "q" (clos… (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/109 [erratum] [h1-messaging] 
  - Re-Introduce BWS in chunk-ext (closes #101) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/107 [erratum] [h1-messaging] 

  2 pull requests received 8 new comments:
  - #109 State that transfer codings should not use parameters named "q" (closes #15) (7 by reschke, royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/109 [erratum] [h1-messaging] 
  - #107 Re-Introduce BWS in chunk-ext (closes #101) (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/107 [erratum] [h1-messaging] 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Mark coding name "trailers" as reserved in the IANA registry (closes #108)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/114 [h1-messaging] 
  - State that transfer codings should not use parameters named "q" (closes #15)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/109 [erratum] [h1-messaging] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core