Subject: NEW PREFERENCE - allow-entityreferences, callback, continue-on-error, include-annotations, maxpagesize, omit-values, and track-changes

From: Chet Ensign <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 14:33:07 -0400

This message contains the information needed for Registration of the OData
specific Prefer Header Preferences with IANA as called out in RFC 7240 -
Prefer Header for HTTP.

The OData Prefer Header Preferences requested to be registered are

allow-entityreferences
callback
continue-on-error
include-annotations
maxpagesize
omit-values
track-changes

The details as required by RFC 7240 for registering these preferences
follow:

####

Preference:

    allow-entityreferences

Value:

    <none>
Optional Parameters:

   <none>
Description:

    Indicates that the service is allowed to return references in place of
resources that have previously been returned, with at least the properties
requested, in the same response.

Reference:

    OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferenceallowentityreferencesodata

Notes: [optional]

    The allow-entityreferences preference was named
odata.allow-entityreferences in OData version 4.0.

####

Preference:

    callback

Value:

    <none>
Optional Parameters:

    url - The URL of a callback endpoint to be invoked by the service when
data is available.  The URL parameter is required
Description:

    Requests that the service invoke the specified URL to signal some
service state, such as the completion of an asynchronous result or
availability of new or modified information. The service state that
triggers the change is dependent upon the request

Reference:

    OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferencecallbackodatacallback

Notes: [optional]

    The callback preference was named odata.callback in OData version 4.0.

####

Preference:

    continue-on-error

Value:

    <none>
Optional Parameters:

    <none>
Description:

    Requests that the service attempt to continue processing a request that
encounters non-fatal errors, for example in a multi-part request. The
response SHOULD indicate what portions of the request were and were not
able to be successfully handled.
Reference:

    OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferencecontinueonerrorodatacontin

Notes: [optional]
    The continue-on-error preference was named odata.continue-on-error in
OData version 4.0.

####

Preference:

    include-annotations

Value:

    Comma-separated list of terms to include or, when prefixed with a minus
sign (-), exclude from the response. Terms MUST be namespace-qualified and
MAY specify just a namespace to include or exclude all terms within that
namespace. The special value "*" matches all annotations.

Optional Parameters:

    <none>
Description:

    Specifies the set of annotations the client requests to be included,
where applicable, or excluded in the response.
Reference:

    OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferenceincludeannotationsodatainc

Notes: [optional]

    The include-annotations preference was named odata.include-annotations
in OData version 4.0.

####

Preference:

    maxpagesize

Value:

    a positive integer that represents the maximum number of items each
collection in a response SHOULD contain
Optional Parameters:

    <none>
Description:

    Requests that each collection within the response contain no more than
the number of items specified as the positive integer value of this
preference.
Reference:

    OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferencemaxpagesizeodatamaxpagesiz

Notes: [optional]
    The maxpagesize preference was named odata.maxpagesize in OData version
4.0.

####

Preference:

    Omit-values

Value:

    One of
       nulls - properties containing null values may be omitted from the
response
       defaults - properties containing the property default value may be
omitted from the response
Optional Parameters:

    <none>
Description:

    Specifies whether a server can omit properties with a null value or
properties set to their default value from a response
Reference:

    OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferenceomitvalues

Notes: [optional]
    <none>

####

Preference:

    track-changes

Value:

    <none>
Optional Parameters:

    <none>
Description:

    Requests that the service initiate change tracking on the result of
this request, according to the underlying protocol.

Reference:

    OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferencetrackchangesodatatrackchan

Notes: [optional]
    The track-changes preference was named odata.track-changes in OData
version 4.0.

---
/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393