Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 00:45:29 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+0/-1/💬8)
  5 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #701 Consider adding Downlink-Max as a client hint header? (3 by igrigorik, malchata)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/701 [client-hints] 
  - #687 Early Hints's relationship to CSP (2 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/687 [early-hints] 
  - #685 Date type (1 by phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/685 [header-structure] 
  - #700 Clarify behavior for multiple values for CH headers (1 by igrigorik)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/700 [client-hints] 
  - #686 Point out blank header special case in an example (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/686 [header-structure] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Consider adding Downlink-Max as a client hint header? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/701 [client-hints] 

* httpwg/http-core (+2/-11/💬24)
  2 issues created:
  - list production ABNF potentially incorrect (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/164 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - clarification of weak validators (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/163 [erratum] [semantics] 

  15 issues received 24 new comments:
  - #148 Exact separator used when combining header fields (5 by reschke, annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/148 [semantics] 
  - #39 Content-Type header parsing (2 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/39 [semantics] 
  - #74 Are headers always defined with ABNF? (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/74 [semantics] 
  - #47 Guidelines for header field names (2 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/47 [semantics] 
  - #22 Clarify rules around half-closed TCP connections (2 by RataDP, kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/22 [h1-messaging] 
  - #27 Retries (2 by mcmanus, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/27 [h1-messaging] [semantics] 
  - #32 Duplicate header resolution in H1 (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/32 [semantics] 
  - #1 Method case sensitivity (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/1 [semantics] 
  - #163 clarification of weak validators (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/163 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #68 message parsing robustness (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/68 [h1-messaging] 
  - #37 Fragment preservation is overly broad (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/37 [semantics] 
  - #45 Header normalization rules (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/45 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #93 Content-MD5 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/93 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #26 Parsing content after a 204 response (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/26 [h1-messaging] 
  - #30 Field-name syntax (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/30 [discuss] [semantics] 

  11 issues closed:
  - Warning https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/139 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Caching non-final responses https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/29 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Fragment preservation is overly broad https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/37 [semantics] 
  - Reuse of responses https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/52 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Sending a Validation Request and secondary cache keys https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/110 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - caching (POST) requests with bodies https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/17 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Other Caches https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/126 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - 418 https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/43 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Clarify about early responses (again) https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/82 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Reason phrase https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/60 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Method case sensitivity https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/1 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+11/-9/💬6)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Rework 2.1 Client/Server Messaging to be more version-independent (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/160 
  - Revise Sending a Validation Request (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/158 
  - Expand "History Lists" to "Relationship to Applications". (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/157 
  - Clarify about early responses (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/156 
  - Move "Associating a Response to a Request" to Messaging. (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/155 
  - Explain the limited utility of * (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/154 
  - Obsolete Warning (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/153 
  - Clarify POST caching (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/152 
  - Only final responses are cacheable (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/151 
  - Clarify no-store/etc and multiple requests (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/150 
  - Reserve 418 status code (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/149 

  4 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #153 Obsolete Warning (2 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/153 
  - #154 Explain the limited utility of * (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/154 
  - #157 Expand "History Lists" to "Relationship to Applications". (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/157 
  - #149 Reserve 418 status code (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/149 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Obsolete Warning
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/153 
  - Only final responses are cacheable
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/151 
  - Clarify no-store/etc and multiple requests
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/150 
  - Revise Sending a Validation Request
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/158 
  - Clarify POST caching
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/152 
  - Expand "History Lists" to "Relationship to Applications".
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/157 
  - Reserve 418 status code
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/149 
  - Move "Associating a Response to a Request" to Messaging.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/155 
  - Clarify about early responses
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/156 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core