Subject: Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 19:04:25 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I echo Adam's comments, but I have some of my own this time:

What is the nature of the experiment? It would be nice to have some sort of
statement of why this is experimental, even if that just means we need to get
implementation experience.

The security considerations don't seem security specific. That is, they talk
about what can go wrong, but do not describe the consequences from a security
perspective. I suggest either describing those consequences, or perhaps moving
the content to an "implementation" or "interop" considerations section.