Subject: Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 12:45:52 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the well-written document!

In line with Adam and Ekr's comments, it is perhaps plausible to RECOMMEND a
concrete Very Large Value (of 2**53-1 or such) while discussing the cases in which
other values would be needed.  I agree with Ekr that discussing what happens if
you guess wrong and use a too-small value is important, but it also seems that
understanding how likely that is to happen can be considered part of the Experiment.