Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 00:45:26 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-4/💬21)
  2 issues created:
  - Whitespace before Items (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/703 [header-structure] 
  - Identifier range (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/702 [header-structure] 

  9 issues received 21 new comments:
  - #701 Considering adding Downlink-Max as a client hint header? (7 by tarunban, malchata, yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/701 [client-hints] 
  - #702 Identifier range (5 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/702 [header-structure] 
  - #700 Clarify behavior for multiple values for CH headers (3 by igrigorik, mnot, yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/700 [client-hints] 
  - #681 IANA registry for Variant-able Content Negotiation Mechanisms (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/681 [variants] 
  - #684 Strictness for multi-party headers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/684 [header-structure] 
  - #685 Date type (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/685 [header-structure] 
  - #691 Refer to HTTP method registry (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/691 [bcp56bis] 
  - #372 Accept-CH-Lifetime privacy concerns (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/372 [client-hints] [design] 
  - #670 Questions over examples for Variants (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/670 [variants] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Whitespace before Items https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/703 [header-structure] 
  - Questions over examples for Variants https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/670 [variants] 
  - Refer to HTTP method registry https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/691 [bcp56bis] 
  - Identifiers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/629 [header-structure] 

* httpwg/http-core (+4/-3/💬105)
  4 issues created:
  - Exact separator used when combining header fields (by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/148 
  - Pragma (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/140 [caching] 
  - Warning (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/139 [caching] 
  - Arguments on CC: private and no-cache (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/138 [caching] 

  31 issues received 105 new comments:
  - #16 Trailers (10 by reschke, royfielding, annevk, mnot, spaceone, carl-mastrangelo)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/16 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #60 Reason phrase (9 by reschke, royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/60 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #53 Clarify semantics of OWS in header field values (7 by reschke, royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/53 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #82 Clarify about early responses (again) (7 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/82 [semantics] 
  - #111 Header terminology (6 by reschke, annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/111 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #20 RFC 5789: Content-Location header usage (6 by reschke, royfielding, mnot, npiskunov)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/20 [semantics] 
  - #127 Changing HTTP version on a connection (6 by royfielding, mnot, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/127 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - #137 Serializing a header line (5 by reschke, annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/137 [h1-messaging] 
  - #148 Exact separator used when combining header fields (5 by reschke, annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/148 
  - #93 Content-MD5 (4 by reschke, royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/93 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #1 Method case sensitivity (3 by reschke, royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/1 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #7 new header field considerations: list vs keyword (3 by reschke, royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/7 [semantics] 
  - #25 Content framing and refresh (3 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/25 [caching] [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - #28 Describe Vary operation more clearly (3 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/28 [caching] 
  - #129 Request Cache-Control directives (3 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/129 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #54 Method registry should include cacheability (3 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/54 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #110 Sending a Validation Request and secondary cache keys (3 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/110 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - #116 Should Semantics assume that field values have been coalesced or just unfolded? (3 by mnot, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/116 [semantics] 
  - #139 Warning (2 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/139 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - #103 RFC 7230: ABNF for http(s) URIs contains fragment (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/103 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #126 Other Caches (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/126 [caching] 
  - #132 Upgrading Weak ETags (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/132 [caching] 
  - #5 RFC7234: "disconnected" (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/5 [caching] 
  - #8 clarify upgrade token case-sensitivity (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/8 [semantics] 
  - #17 caching (POST) requests with bodies (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/17 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - #23 RFC7234: First-hand responses and age (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/23 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #24 Via header: host ABNF could allow "," (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/24 [semantics] 
  - #29 Caching non-final responses (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/29 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - #68 message parsing robustness (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/68 [h1-messaging] 
  - #99 Scope of Retry-After (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/99 [semantics] 
  - #118 Defining Content-Length independently from its use in HTTP/1.1 framing (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/118 [semantics] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Changing HTTP version on a connection https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/127 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - RFC 7230: ABNF for http(s) URIs contains fragment https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/103 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - range-requests range checks: off-by-one in prose https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/135 [erratum] [semantics] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-0/💬4)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - sh: fix ABNF width problem (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/704 

  4 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #616 Reword exclusion regarding retries (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/616 [replay] 
  - #661 Reword as discussed on list (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/661 [replay] 
  - #694 h2-websockets: apply AUTH48 changes (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/694 [h2-websockets] 
  - #667 Disallow trailing whitespace in #parse-param-list (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/667 [header-structure] 

* httpwg/http-core (+1/-1/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - fix prose about byte range comparison (closes #135) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/147 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #131 clarify case-sensitivity of upgrade tokens (closes #8) (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/131 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - fix prose about byte range comparison (closes #135)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/147 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core