Subject: Ben Campbell's No Objection on charter-ietf-httpbis-07-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 18:12:36 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-httpbis-07-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-httpbis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few comments, but nothing worth blocking over at this stage:

- Why the scare quotes around "core"?

# HTTP/1.1 Revision, 2nd paragraph:

What is the "they" in "since their publication"? Just the http/1.1 docs, or
does it include http/2?  The heading suggests the former, but the mention of
http/2 confuses me.

- Will the refinements to the "core" documents be in the form of updates or bis
drafts? If the latter, can we constrain "Fix editorial problems" to "_only_
those which have led to misunderstandings" (or maybe "are likely to")? I would
like to discourage the fairly common kind of "editorial fix" that involve new
authors adapting text to their personal writing styles. They tend to make bis
drafts diffs really hard to review.