Subject: Adam Roach's No Objection on charter-ietf-httpbis-07-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:52:43 -0800

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-httpbis-07-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-httpbis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

> # HTTP/1.1 Revision

This seems a little confusing, as the HTTP/1.1 revision has already happened.
Isn't this more like HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2.0 maintenance?

> * Incorporate errata
> * Address ambiguities
> * Fix editorial problems which have led to misunderstandings of the
> specification * Clarify conformance requirements * Remove known ambiguities
> where they affect interoperability * Clarify existing methods of extensibility
> * Remove or deprecate those features that are not widely implemented and also
> unduly affect interoperability * Where necessary, add implementation advice

It looks like this list got wrapped somehow. Perhaps include blank lines between
bullets?

> The Working Group may define extensions and other documents related to HTTP as
> work items, provided that: * They are generic; i.e., not specific to one
> application using HTTP. Note that Web browsing by definition is a generic use.
> * The Working Group Chairs judge that there is consensus to take on the item
> and believe that it will not interfere with the work described above, and * The
> Area Director approves the addition and add corresponding milestones.

Same issue with bullet wrapping as above

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:05:27 +0000

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-httpbis/

No, the intent of this section is to do HTTP/1.1 revision. I will attempt to clarify this.

> It looks like this list got wrapped somehow. Perhaps include blank lines between

This looks like a tool problem! Each item is on a separate line when editing text.

> Same issue with bullet wrapping as above

As above.