Subject: Re: New co-chair for HTTPBIS

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 12:03:28 +0700

Hi Everyone -

Alexey, thanks for getting Tommy on board.

All, if you haven't met Tommy - we're very fortunate to have him on our
team. Let me introduce him.

Tommy is an engineer on the client networking team at Apple. He has been
active in IETF since 2015, currently co-chairs the IPPM Working Group, and
is a member of the stackevo program. In addition to HTTP, he works on many
related technologies such as  Happy Eyeballs, captive portal interaction,
QUIC, and interfaces for transports and security. He's also into mobility,
tunneling, and the hard work of designing APIs and evolution techniques
(some of which can be seen through his TAPS contributions not to mention
the Apple programming interfaces).

In general Tommy stands out to me because he's able to find ways to
gracefully introduce new systems into existing environments, leveraging the
best of both of them. He's also a a super thoughtful and nice person who
will be great at the shepherding facilitation roles of being chair.

Welcome, and thank you!

-Patrick

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 7:07 PM Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Dear HTTPBIS participants,
>
> As you may have noticed, both of the current chairs of this WG now have
> the same employer. To diversify its leadership and avoid perception of
> conflict of interests, I've worked with Mark and Patrick to identify
> candidates for a third chair, and am happy to announce that Tommy Pauly has
> agreed to serve in that role.
>
> Please join me in welcoming him!
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexey, as AD.
>
>

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 12:08:53 +0700

Adding my .02 - it's great to have Tommy on board; Welcome!

> On 4 Nov 2018, at 12:03 pm, Patrick McManus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Everyone - 
> 
> All, if you haven't met Tommy - we're very fortunate to have him on our team. Let me introduce him.
> 
> Tommy is an engineer on the client networking team at Apple. He has been active in IETF since 2015, currently co-chairs the IPPM Working Group, and is a member of the stackevo program. In addition to HTTP, he works on many related technologies such as  Happy Eyeballs, captive portal interaction, QUIC, and interfaces for transports and security. He's also into mobility, tunneling, and the hard work of designing APIs and evolution techniques (some of which can be seen through his TAPS contributions not to mention the Apple programming interfaces).
> 
> In general Tommy stands out to me because he's able to find ways to gracefully introduce new systems into existing environments, leveraging the best of both of them. He's also a a super thoughtful and nice person who will be great at the shepherding facilitation roles of being chair.
> 
> Welcome, and thank you!
> 
> -Patrick
> 
> 
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 7:07 PM Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> As you may have noticed, both of the current chairs of this WG now have the same employer. To diversify its leadership and avoid perception of conflict of interests, I've worked with Mark and Patrick to identify candidates for a third chair, and am happy to announce that Tommy Pauly has agreed to serve in that role.
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/