Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 00:45:26 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+4/-4/💬19)
  4 issues created:
  - Clarify difference from chunked (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/752 [rand-access-live] 
  - HTTP/2 dependency tree is racy (by pmeenan)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/751 
  - header field (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/748 [bcp56bis] 
  - Use of draft Variants (by jyasskin)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/747 

  6 issues received 19 new comments:
  - #737 Integer limits (12 by wtarreau, martinthomson, mnot, kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/737 [header-structure] 
  - #751 HTTP/2 dependency tree is racy (2 by pmeenan, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/751 
  - #734 Variants' incoming-request assumes all content-negotiation systems' Accept headers are lists (2 by jyasskin, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/734 [variants] 
  - #745 Cache behavior when Variants header is absent (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/745 [variants] 
  - #747 Use of draft Variants (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/747 [variants] 
  - #752 Clarify difference from chunked (1 by craigpratt)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/752 [rand-access-live] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Use of draft Variants https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/747 [variants] 
  - Default values for Language (and others?) https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/740 [variants] 
  - Cache behavior examples are out of date wrt new Variant-Key format https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/743 [variants] 
  - Adopt Structured Headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/570 [variants] 

* httpwg/http-core (+0/-3/💬28)
  7 issues received 28 new comments:
  - #27 Retries (10 by wtarreau, martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/27 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #18 TE: trailers (9 by wtarreau, ejona86, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/18 [semantics] 
  - #165 Updating stored headers (4 by wtarreau, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/165 [caching] 
  - #132 Upgrading Weak ETags (2 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/132 [caching] 
  - #10 .onion names (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/10 [semantics] 
  - #143 Alternative Services (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/143 [semantics] 
  - #116 Should Semantics assume that field values have been coalesced or just unfolded? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/116 [semantics] 

  3 issues closed:
  - * in Accept-* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/46 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Are headers always defined with ABNF? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/74 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Upgrading Weak ETags https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/132 [caching] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-4/💬4)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Use versioned header names for draft implementations. (by jyasskin)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/750 
  - Define support requirements for integers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/749 

  2 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #749 Define support requirements for integers (3 by wtarreau, phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/749 
  - #746 Fix a typo: "request)" (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/746 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Use versioned header names for draft implementations.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/750 
  - Requests that match a non-cached variant should go to the origin.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/741 [variants] 
  - Convert Variants to use Structured Headers.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/744 [variants] 
  - Fix a typo: "request)"
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/746 

* httpwg/http-core (+4/-2/💬24)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Rearrange conneg and talk about * (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/189 
  - Obsolete accept-charset (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/188 
  - Move parameter into its own section. (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/187 
  - Reference MIME sniffing and X-CTO (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/186 

  7 pull requests received 24 new comments:
  - #178 Caution against treating data on a connection as part of a not-yet-issued request (6 by wtarreau, mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/178 
  - #188 Obsolete accept-charset (5 by reschke, wtarreau, mnot, annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/188 
  - #187 Move parameter into its own section. (4 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/187 
  - #154 Explain the limited utility of * (4 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/154 
  - #186 Reference MIME sniffing and X-CTO (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/186 
  - #189 Rearrange conneg and talk about * (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/189 
  - #173 mention cache-control: immutable (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/173 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Rearrange conneg and talk about *
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/189 
  - clarify when header field combination is allowed
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/172 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core