Subject: Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-cdn-loop-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 00:30:21 +0000

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-cdn-loop-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cdn-loop/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have only a small nit:
"The threat model that the CDN-Loop header field addresses is a customer who is
attempting to attack a service provider by configuring a forwarding loop by
accident or malice. "

The "attempting to attack ... by accident" reads oddly to me. It feel to me
that "attempting" implies intent, and I don't see how you can accidentally
intend to attack. Perhaps "The threat model that the CDN-Loop header field
addresses is a customer who is attacking a service provider by configuring a
forwarding loop by accident or malice. " (or "causing an attack" or "negative
impact").

Anyway, this is just a minor point, perhaps try address it if you are editing
anyway...