Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 00:45:26 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+6/-6/💬33)
  6 issues created:
  - Request `Digest` validation (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/874 
  - Use cases for Digest (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/872 [digest-headers] 
  - Enable Client Hints on first navigation request through HTTPSSVC (by yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/871 
  - Disentangle the DNS Check argument (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/869 [secondary-certs] 
  - Relationship to SRI (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/868 
  - Should the obsolescence of MD5 be stronger? (by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/867 

  14 issues received 33 new comments:
  - #867 Should the obsolescence of MD5 be stronger? (10 by ioggstream, LPardue, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/867 [digest-headers] 
  - #848 Serializing sh-float is hard (5 by reschke, phluid61, martinthomson, bsdphk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/848 [header-structure] 
  - #716 Consider a `Sec-CH-` prefix for client hint headers (3 by reschke, yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/716 [client-hints] 
  - #868 Relationship to SRI (2 by ioggstream, LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/868 [digest-headers] 
  - #874 Request `Digest` validation (2 by ioggstream, LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/874 [digest-headers] 
  - #782 define a URI reference type (2 by kazuho, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/782 [header-structure] 
  - #821 Considering http_response_status (2 by martinthomson, alyssawilk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/821 [proxy-status] 
  - #700 Clarify behavior for multiple values for CH headers (1 by yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/700 [client-hints] 
  - #786 Active vs. passive fingerprinting (1 by yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/786 [client-hints] 
  - #852 Create a threat model for `Digest` header. (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/852 [digest-headers] 
  - #855 Shall we use sh-binary serialization for `id-sha` digest-algoritms? (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/855 [digest-headers] 
  - #828 Digest Headers: what about the other algorithms? (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/828 [digest-headers] 
  - #778 Cache header name (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/778 [cache-header] 
  - #767 Client-Hints exposes fingerprint values to additional parties and logging sensitive locations (1 by igrigorik)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/767 [client-hints] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Request `Digest` validation https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/874 [digest-headers] 
  - Should the obsolescence of MD5 be stronger? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/867 [digest-headers] 
  - Client Hints doesn't distinguish clearly between request and response header fields https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/761 [client-hints] 
  - Key -> Variants https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/730 [client-hints] 
  - Clarify behavior for multiple values for CH headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/700 [client-hints] 
  - Shall we use sh-binary serialization for `id-sha` digest-algoritms? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/855 [digest-headers] 

* httpwg/http-core (+0/-1/💬17)
  10 issues received 17 new comments:
  - #218 Disambiguate 403 Forbidden (4 by asbjornu, reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/218 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #128 Quoted cache-control directives (2 by reschke, MattMenke2)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/128 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #212 byte-range-set definition allows OWS but probably doesn't work in practice (2 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/212 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #48 415 and Accept (2 by jsha, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/48 [semantics] 
  - #215 field-value value space (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/215 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #32 Duplicate header resolution in H1 (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/32 [semantics] 
  - #34 Use URL Standard for Location header (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/34 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #169 URI length (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/169 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #194 QUIC and https:// (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/194 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #180 Clarify multiple `authorization` header behaviour or concatenation method (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/180 [discuss] [semantics] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Method registry should include cacheability https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/54 [erratum] [has-proposal] [semantics] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+6/-5/💬8)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Detail dimensions of information exposure (by yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/879 
  - Remove Accept-CH-Lifetime (by igrigorik)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/878 [client-hints] 
  - Obsolete ADLER-32 but don't forbid it. #828 (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/877 
  - Fix: #832. Reference RFC6234 instead of FIPS180. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/876 
  - md5 must not be used (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/875 
  - Add use cases section. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/873 

  3 pull requests received 8 new comments:
  - #866 Add an Alt-Svc extension (5 by martinthomson, yoavweiss, davidben)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/866 [client-hints] 
  - #776 Add Sec- prefix to security considerations (2 by yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/776 [client-hints] 
  - #879 Detail dimensions of information exposure (1 by yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/879 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - md5 must not be used
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/875 
  - Clarify defined headers are response headers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/860 [client-hints] 
  - Replace Key with Variants
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/861 [client-hints] 
  - [Client Hints] Replace ABNF with Structured Headers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/862 [client-hints] 
  - Remove workaround for addstyle.sed bug.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/813 

* httpwg/http-core (+1/-2/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Disambiguate 403 Forbidden (#218) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/234 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #217 Refactor the range specifier grammar (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/217 [discuss] [semantics] 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Move the trailing CRLF from the line grammars into the message format (#62)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/232 
  - Get rid of "cacheable methods"
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/229 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core