Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 00:45:24 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+10/-1/💬26)
  10 issues created:
  - Shall we use sh-binary serialization for `id-sha` digest-algoritms? (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/855 [digest-headers] 
  - Digest should use http-core or rfc 723x? (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/854 [digest-headers] 
  - Investigate the use of Digest with PATCH (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/853 [digest-headers] 
  - Create a threat model for `Digest` header. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/852 
  - Using Digest in signatures (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/851 
  - Clarify digest-algorithm syntax with parameters. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/850 
  - Example of a Digest of empty representation (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/849 
  - Serializing sh-float is hard (by bsdphk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/848 [header-structure] 
  - Clarify why ABNF doesn't allow empty sh-dict and sh-list. (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/845 [header-structure] 
  - * in parameter names (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/844 

  7 issues received 26 new comments:
  - #844 * in parameter names (9 by reschke, evert, martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/844 [header-structure] 
  - #855 Shall we use sh-binary serialization for `id-sha` digest-algoritms? (7 by dlongley, martinthomson, ioggstream, LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/855 [digest-headers] 
  - #853 Investigate the use of Digest with PATCH (5 by reschke, martinthomson, ioggstream, LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/853 [digest-headers] 
  - #842 Dictionary of a dictionary (2 by kazuho, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/842 [header-structure] 
  - #839 Parameterised Lists -> Lists (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/839 [header-structure] 
  - #848 Serializing sh-float is hard (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/848 [header-structure] 
  - #854 Digest should use http-core or rfc 723x? (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/854 [digest-headers] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Parameterised Lists -> Lists https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/839 [header-structure] 

* httpwg/http-core (+1/-0/💬8)
  1 issues created:
  - Caching Security Considerations (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/233 [caching] 

  5 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #194 QUIC and https:// (3 by awwright, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/194 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #215 field-value value space (2 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/215 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #32 Duplicate header resolution in H1 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/32 [semantics] 
  - #99 Scope of Retry-After (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/99 [semantics] 
  - #180 Clarify multiple `authorization` header behaviour or concatenation method (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/180 [discuss] [semantics] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-3/💬0)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Make OPTIONAL violation report keys clearer (by freddieleeman)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/856 
  - digest: consistency "header" vs "header field" (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/847 
  - digests: fix ref to Appendix B of RFC 7231 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/846 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - digests: fix ref to Appendix B of RFC 7231
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/846 
  - digest: consistency "header" vs "header field"
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/847 
  - Roughing in collapse of ParamList into List
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/841 

* httpwg/http-core (+0/-0/💬9)
  2 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #219 Clarify when trailers can be generated (8 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/219 
  - #222 adjust requirements for retries (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/222 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core