Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 00:45:30 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+12/-13/💬94)
  12 issues created:
  - Dictionary of a dictionary (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/842 [header-structure] 
  - Talk about freshness (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/840 [bcp56bis] 
  - Parameterised Lists -> Lists (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/839 [header-structure] 
  - Digest:  abstract should not contain citations. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/836 
  - Digest: fix docname (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/834 [digest-headers] 
  - Digest: consider referencing FIPS180-4 (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/832 
  - Digest: unused references (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/831 [digest-headers] 
  - Digest Headers: what about the other algorithms? (by phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/828 
  - Digest headers: typo in reference (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/827 [digest-headers] 
  - Digest Headers: add post-00 sections (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/825 
  - Add draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers.md to the repo (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/822 
  - Considering http_response_status (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/821 [proxy-status] 

  16 issues received 94 new comments:
  - #816 Structured Headers: Lists as dictionary values. (37 by phluid61, martinthomson, mikewest, mnot, kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/816 [header-structure] 
  - #839 Parameterised Lists -> Lists (18 by kazuho, annevk, mnot, phluid61, evert, mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/839 [header-structure] 
  - #662 Handling Non-ASCII Content (6 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/662 [header-structure] 
  - #828 Digest Headers: what about the other algorithms? (5 by ioggstream, mnot, LPardue, phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/828 [digest-headers] 
  - #797 Parameterised Identifier -> Parameterised Item? (5 by jyasskin, phluid61, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/797 [header-structure] 
  - #808 Proxy-Status: detailed types for HTTP request errors. (4 by PiotrSikora, mnot, alyssawilk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/808 [proxy-status] 
  - #821 Considering http_response_status (4 by PiotrSikora, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/821 [proxy-status] 
  - #807 Proxy-Status: add Proxy Internal Response. (3 by PiotrSikora, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/807 [proxy-status] 
  - #832 Digest: consider referencing FIPS180-4 (2 by martinthomson, LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/832 [digest-headers] 
  - #802 Standardize node identifiers (Cache, Proxy-Status). (2 by PiotrSikora, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/802 [cache-header] [proxy-status] 
  - #781 empty lists and empty field values (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/781 [header-structure] 
  - #819 tls_unexpected_peer_certificate details (2 by PiotrSikora, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/819 [proxy-status] 
  - #840 Talk about freshness (1 by richsalz)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/840 [bcp56bis] 
  - #827 Digest headers: typo in reference (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/827 [digest-headers] 
  - #766 Refactor? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/766 [cache-header] 
  - #831 Digest: unused references (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/831 [digest-headers] 

  13 issues closed:
  - Variants' incoming-request assumes all content-negotiation systems' Accept headers are lists https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/734 [variants] 
  - empty lists and empty field values https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/781 [header-structure] 
  - Parameterised Identifier -> Parameterised Item? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/797 [header-structure] 
  - Structured Headers: Lists as dictionary values. https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/816 [header-structure] 
  - Digest:  abstract should not contain citations. https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/836 [digest-headers] 
  - Digest headers: typo in reference https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/827 [digest-headers] 
  - Digest: add -latest to docname https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/834 [digest-headers] 
  - Digest: unused references https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/831 [digest-headers] 
  - Add draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers.md to the repo https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/822 
  - Proxy-Status: add Proxy Internal Response. https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/807 [proxy-status] 
  - Standardize node identifiers (Cache, Proxy-Status). https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/802 [cache-header] [proxy-status] 
  - Handling Non-ASCII Content https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/662 [header-structure] 
  - Structured headers: serializing token vs string https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/790 [header-structure] 

* httpwg/http-core (+0/-0/💬15)
  8 issues received 15 new comments:
  - #120 Status codes and caching (6 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/120 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #128 Quoted cache-control directives (3 by reschke, MattMenke2, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/128 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #34 Use URL Standard for Location header (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/34 [semantics] 
  - #228 http(s) URI normalization (1 by yadij)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/228 [semantics] 
  - #165 Updating stored headers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/165 [caching] 
  - #169 URI length (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/169 [semantics] 
  - #54 Method registry should include cacheability (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/54 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #25 Content framing and refresh (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/25 [caching] [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [needs-data] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+11/-11/💬8)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Rough in Proxy-Info (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/843 
  - Roughing in collapse of ParamList into List (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/841 
  - use standard form for referring to RFCs (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/838 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #836. Remove citations from abstracts. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/837 
  - Fix: #834. Add -latest to docname. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/835 
  - Fix unused references (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/833 
  - move Acks section to end (and make it unnumbered) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/830 
  - Fix: #827. typo in reference: FIPS-180 -> FIPS180 (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/829 
  - [WIP] Fix: #825. Add post -00 sections. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/826 
  - Mnot 816 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/824 
  - Add digest headers draft. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/823 

  4 pull requests received 8 new comments:
  - #820 Structured Headers: Allow lists as dictionary values. (3 by phluid61, mikewest, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/820 
  - #823 Add digest headers draft. (3 by ioggstream, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/823 
  - #777 Rename Cache header to Cache-Status (1 by wimleers)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/777 [cache-header] 
  - #829 Fix: #827. typo in reference: FIPS-180 -> FIPS180 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/829 

  11 pull requests merged:
  - Allow empty dictionaries and lists.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/817 
  - Change parameterized lists to have primary items
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/818 
  - Mnot 816
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/824 
  - use standard form for referring to RFCs
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/838 [digest-headers] 
  - Digest: move Acks section to end (and make it unnumbered)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/830 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #836. Remove citations from abstracts.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/837 
  - Fix: #834. Add -latest to docname.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/835 
  - Fix unused references
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/833 
  - Fix: #827. typo in reference: FIPS-180 -> FIPS180
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/829 
  - Add digest headers draft.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/823 
  - Proxy-Status: add Proxy Internal Response.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/806 

* httpwg/http-core (+3/-2/💬5)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Move the trailing CRLF from the line grammars into the message format (#62) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/232 
  - Move retries into semantics (#230) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/231 
  - Get rid of "cacheable methods" (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/229 

  3 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #222 Move retries into semantics (3 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/222 
  - #225 Fix: #224. Use representation instead of entity (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/225 
  - #221 Adjust text defining what an incomplete response is. (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/221 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Fix description of status code 422 not to use "entity" (also tune prose) (see #224)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/226 
  - Move retries into semantics (#230)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/231 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core