Subject: NEW PREFERENCE - allow-entityreferences, callback, continue-on-error, include-annotations, maxpagesize, omit-values, and track-changes

From: Chet Ensign <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 16:12:12 -0400

This email contains the information needed for registration of the OData
specific Prefer Header Preferences with IANA as called out in RFC 7240 -
Prefer Header for HTTP.

The OData Prefer Header Preferences to be registered are

odata.allow-entityreferences
odata.callback
odata.continue-on-error
odata.include-annotations
odata.maxpagesize
omit-values
odata.track-changes

The details as required by RFC 7240 for registering these preferences are
listed below

####
Preference:

odata.allow-entityreferences

Value:

<none>

Optional Parameters:

<none>

Description:

Indicates that the service is allowed to return references in place of
resources that have previously been returned, with at least the properties
requested, in the same response.

Reference:

OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –
http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferenceallowentityreferencesodata

Notes: [optional]

<None>

####

Preference:

odata.callback

Value:

<none>

Optional Parameters:

url - The URL of a callback endpoint to be invoked by the service when data
is available.  The URL parameter is required

Description:

Requests that the service invoke the specified URL to signal some service
state, such as the completion of an asynchronous result or availability of
new or modified information. The service state that triggers the change is
dependent upon the request

Reference:

OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –
http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferencecallbackodatacallback

Notes: [optional]

<None>

####

Preference:

odata.continue-on-error

Value:

<none>

Optional Parameters:

<none>

Description:

Requests that the service attempt to continue processing a request that
encounters non-fatal errors, for example in a multi-part request. The
response SHOULD indicate what portions of the request were and were not
able to be successfully handled.

Reference:

OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –
http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferencecontinueonerrorodatacontin

Notes: [optional]

<None>

####

Preference:

odata.include-annotations

Value:

Comma-separated list of terms to include or, when prefixed with a minus
sign (-), exclude from the response. Terms MUST be namespace-qualified and
MAY specify just a namespace to include or exclude all terms within that
namespace. The special value "*" matches all annotations.

Optional Parameters:

<none>

Description:

Specifies the set of annotations the client requests to be included, where
applicable, or excluded in the response.

Reference:

OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –
http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferenceincludeannotationsodatainc

Notes: [optional]

<None>

####
Preference:

odata.maxpagesize

Value:

a positive integer that represents the maximum number of items each
collection in a response SHOULD contain

Optional Parameters:

<none>

Description:

Requests that each collection within the response contain no more than the
number of items specified as the positive integer value of this preference.

Reference:

OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –
http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferencemaxpagesizeodatamaxpagesiz

Notes: [optional]

<None>

####

Preference:

omit-values

Value:

One of
   nulls -  properties containing null values may be omitted from the
response
   defaults - properties containing the property default value may be
omitted from the response

Optional Parameters:

<none>

Description:

Specifies whether a server can omit properties with a null value or
properties set to their default value from a response

Reference:

OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –
http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferenceomitvalues

Notes: [optional]

<none>

####

Preference:

odata.track-changes

Value:

<none>

Optional Parameters:

<none>

Description:

Requests that the service initiate change tracking on the result of this
request, according to the underlying protocol.

Reference:

OData Version 4.01 Part 1: Protocol –
http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/odata-v4.01-part1-protocol.html#sec_Preferencetrackchangesodatatrackchan

Notes: [optional]

<none>

-- 

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393