Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 00:45:23 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-4/💬35)
  2 issues created:
  - digest: unnumbered section (appendix) needs to be last (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/927 
  - Add example with PUT + 204 (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/925 

  7 issues received 35 new comments:
  - #913 Structured Headers and JavaScript (11 by phluid61, mnot, annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/913 [header-structure] 
  - #853 Investigate the use of Digest with PATCH (10 by reschke, ioggstream, LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/853 [digest-headers] 
  - #912 What prohibits a legacy header and structured header of the same name in a single request (5 by phluid61, annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/912 [header-structure] 
  - #911 Improve references (3 by ioggstream, mnot, LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/911 [bcp56bis] 
  - #868 Relationship to SRI (2 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/868 [digest-headers] 
  - #907 [SH] Allow parameterized inner-list values. (2 by mikewest, bsdphk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/907 [header-structure] 
  - #825 Digest Headers: add post-00 sections (2 by ioggstream, LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/825 [digest-headers] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Digest Headers: add post-00 sections https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/825 [digest-headers] 
  - Improve references https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/911 [bcp56bis] 
  - Digest: update references for SHA algorithms. https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/832 [digest-headers] 
  - Variant-Key needs justification https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/783 [variants] 

* httpwg/http-core (+2/-6/💬29)
  2 issues created:
  - Representation metatada and 204 No Content (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/255 
  - cacheable by default (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/242 [caching] 

  14 issues received 29 new comments:
  - #210 unnecessary use of 1#element for header field definitions (6 by reschke, royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/210 [semantics] 
  - #47 Guidelines for header field names (4 by royfielding, mnot, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/47 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #193 Audit: single value header field error handling (4 by royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/193 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #202 Tighten language around GET and DELETE request bodies (4 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/202 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #148 Exact separator used when combining header fields (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/148 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #16 Trailers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/16 [discuss] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #34 Use URL Standard for Location header (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/34 [semantics] 
  - #163 clarification of weak validators (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/163 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #196 Range header field ABNF (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/196 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #211 Audit: ABNF exceptions (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/211 
  - #212 byte-range-set definition allows OWS but probably doesn't work in practice (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/212 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #111 Header terminology (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/111 [semantics] 
  - #120 Status codes and caching (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/120 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #255 Representation metatada and 204 No Content (1 by spaceone)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/255 

  6 issues closed:
  - Range header field ABNF https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/196 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - byte-range-set definition allows OWS but probably doesn't work in practice https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/212 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - Retries https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/27 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - cacheable by default https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/242 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Use URL Standard for Location header https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/34 [semantics] 
  - OPTIONS and empty response https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/235 [erratum] [semantics] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+8/-7/💬4)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix: #927. Unnumbered section should be the lasts (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/928 
  - Fix: #925. Example with PUT+204. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/926 
  - Fixing typos (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/924 
  - Fix #853. Use with representation manipulations (and PATCH). (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/923 
  - digest: fix various references (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/922 
  - [SH] reference IEEE 754-2019 (by phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/921 
  - [SH] say 1=true, 0=false (by phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/920 
  - add reference for UTF-8 (by phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/919 

  4 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #919 [SH] add reference for UTF-8 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/919 
  - #921 [SH] reference IEEE 754-2019 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/921 
  - #920 [SH] say 1=true, 0=false (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/920 
  - #922 digest: fix various references (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/922 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Fixing typos
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/924 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #825. Add post -00 sections.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/826 [digest-headers] 
  - digest: fix various references
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/922 
  - Fix: #832. Reference RFC6234 instead of FIPS180.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/876 [digest-headers] 
  - [SH] reference IEEE 754-2019
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/921 
  - [SH] say 1=true, 0=false
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/920 
  - [SH] add reference for UTF-8
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/919 

* httpwg/http-core (+14/-5/💬38)
  14 pull requests submitted:
  - Mnot 143 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/254 
  - Move version non-specific parts of message body into semantics (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/253 
  - Mnot 148 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/252 
  - Use 'websocket' instead of 'HTTP/2.0' in examples (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/251 
  - Mnot 202 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/250 
  - Mnot 236 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/249 
  - Cacheable by default -> heuristically cacheable (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/248 
  - Move text about CRLF up (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/247 
  - update port references. (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/246 
  - Refactor security considerations (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/244 
  - Recommend minimum URI lengths. (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/243 
  - Change response cacheability to only require understanding in certain… (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/241 
  - Rewrite header field name guidelines (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/240 
  -  Removed superfluous requirement about setting Content-Length from the description of the OPTIONS method (#235) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/239 [erratum] [semantics] 

  12 pull requests received 38 new comments:
  - #241 Change response cacheability to only require understanding in certain… (7 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/241 
  - #252 Exact separator used when combining header fields (Mnot 148) (7 by reschke, royfielding, martinthomson, mnot, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/252 
  - #247 Move text about CRLF up (5 by reschke, royfielding, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/247 
  - #222 adjust requirements for retries (4 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/222 
  - #243 Recommend minimum URI lengths (3 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/243 
  - #246 update port references (3 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/246 
  - #244 Refactor security considerations (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/244 
  - #253 Move version non-specific parts of message body into semantics (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/253 
  - #254 Alternative Services (Mnot 143) (2 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/254 
  - #238 include RFC 7694 (#119) (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/238 
  - #249 Mnot 236 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/249 
  - #250 Tighten language around GET and DELETE request bodies (Mnot 202) (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/250 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Refactor the range specifier grammar
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/217 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - adjust requirements for retries
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/222 
  - Refactor security considerations
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/244 
  - Cacheable by default -> heuristically cacheable
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/248 
  -  Removed superfluous requirement about setting Content-Length from the description of the OPTIONS method (#235)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/239 [erratum] [semantics] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core