Subject: Change in HTTPbis chairs

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 11:45:46 -0400

Hi All,

After recently letting Barry know, I've got a little change in the HTTPbis
chairing status to share - we're going to shift to 2 chairs for the moment:
Mark and Tommy. When I shifted employers about a year ago the 3 chair
arrangement made sense to both avoid conflicts and provide some runway to
bring Tommy up to speed. Now that Tommy has just about a year of experience
under his belt as co-chair we can move to a 2 chair posture more
appropriate to the workload. Dare I say - Mission Accomplished - so I'll
happily step aside from this particular role for now...

I've learned quite a bit in my tenure and thank you all for the support
over that time  (not to mention the drafts, the PRs, the comments and hums.)

-Patrick

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 12:02:39 -0400

Patrick, thank you so much for all the work, and for helping bring Tommy in
as a new, effective co-chair.  We all greatly appreciate it, and hope you
enjoy the brief break before whatever we find for you to do next.  :-)

Thanks, also, to Mark and Tommy, for their continuing work leading the
group. By my reckoning, httpbis is now about 12 years old, since the BoF in
Chicago in 2007 (with jackhammers drowning things out), and Mark has been
up there since the beginning.

The IETF is lucky to have all of you, willing and able to keep us going.

Barry

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 08:27:27 +1000

Thanks, Patrick - it's been great having your help and insights.

We've never lost a HTTPbis chair before, so we'll have to figure out some way to commemorate the event in Singapore...

Cheers,

> On 11 Sep 2019, at 1:45 am, Patrick McManus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> After recently letting Barry know, I've got a little change in the HTTPbis chairing status to share - we're going to shift to 2 chairs for the moment: Mark and Tommy. When I shifted employers about a year ago the 3 chair arrangement made sense to both avoid conflicts and provide some runway to bring Tommy up to speed. Now that Tommy has just about a year of experience under his belt as co-chair we can move to a 2 chair posture more appropriate to the workload. Dare I say - Mission Accomplished - so I'll happily step aside from this particular role for now... 
> 
> I've learned quite a bit in my tenure and thank you all for the support over that time  (not to mention the drafts, the PRs, the comments and hums.)
> 
> -Patrick
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 20:26:00 -0400

> commemorate the event in Singapore...

Session cookies, obviously....

b