Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-1/💬6)
  3 issues created:
  - EU Cookie Law: Mechanisms enabling user agents to aid in compliance absent (by ttacker)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/945 
  - SEARCH method (by asbjornu)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/943 
  - Header for considering the request body as part of the cache key (by asbjornu)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/942 

  2 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #907 [SH] Allow parameterized inner-list values. (5 by mnot, phluid61, mikewest, bsdphk, clelland)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/907 [header-structure] 
  - #945 EU Cookie Law: Mechanisms enabling user agents to aid in compliance absent (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/945 [6265bis] 

  1 issues closed:
  - EU Cookie Law: Mechanisms enabling user agents to aid in compliance absent https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/945 [6265bis] 

* httpwg/http-core (+2/-3/💬33)
  2 issues created:
  - request target is h1-specific (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/259 [caching] [semantics] 
  - Tighten language around DELETE request bodies (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/258 [semantics] 

  10 issues received 33 new comments:
  - #128 Quoted cache-control directives (13 by reschke, bsdphk, MattMenke2, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/128 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #258 Tighten language around DELETE request bodies (7 by reschke, evert, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/258 [semantics] 
  - #193 Audit: single value header field error handling (5 by annevk, MattMenke2, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/193 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #111 Header terminology (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/111 [semantics] 
  - #259 request target is h1-specific (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/259 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #165 Updating stored headers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/165 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #38 3xx redirects - request formation (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/38 [semantics] 
  - #202 Tighten language around GET request bodies (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/202 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #192 Collected ABNF (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/192 
  - #211 Audit: ABNF exceptions (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/211 

  3 issues closed:
  - Content framing and refresh https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/25 [caching] [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [needs-data] 
  - Audit: ABNF exceptions https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/211 
  - Guidelines for header field names https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/47 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-1/💬0)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Try to set country (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/944 
  - Specify recommended HTTP status code for connnection_limit_reached (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/941 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Try to set country
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/944 [digest-headers] 

* httpwg/http-core (+3/-4/💬12)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Mnot 28 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/260 
  - Move "Whitespace" into "Generic Syntax" (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/257 
  - Consolidate sections on new header names and values (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/256 

  4 pull requests received 12 new comments:
  - #250 Tighten language around GET request bodies (Mnot 202) (9 by asbjornu, reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/250 
  - #241 Change response cacheability to only require understanding in certain… (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/241 
  - #249 Bring RFC2818 into semantics (Mnot 236) (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/249 
  - #219 Clarify when trailers can be generated (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/219 [discuss] 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Adjust text defining what an incomplete response is
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/221 
  - Consolidate sections on new header names and values
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/256 
  - Use 'websocket' instead of 'HTTP/2.0' in examples
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/251 
  - Rewrite header field name guidelines
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/240 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core