Subject: Last Call for Comments: draft-nottingham-rfc7320bis (BCP 190 update)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 18:54:52 -0500

ART community (cc DISPATCH and HTTPBIS, but please respond only to ART):

Based on conversations on the DISPATCH and ART mailing lists this past 
summer [1], and on in-person discussions that took place in Montreal, 
Mark Nottingham has produced a revision of BCP 190 that takes into 
account community input on several points. The changes are all intended 
to be relaxations of previously-enforced restrictions on how URI 
namespaces could be used.

The revised document is at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-rfc7320bis/

And diffs from the current, in-force version of BCP 190 can be seen here:

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=rfc7320&url2=draft-nottingham-rfc7320bis-02

This message is intended to serve as a final, two-week last call for 
input from the ART community before the document is put forth for formal 
IETF consensus. The final consensus document will be published as a 
replacement of RFC 7320 (formally, it will obsolete it), and will become 
the new BCP 190.

Please provide input on the document on the ART mailing list 
([email-masked]) by Wednesday, October 30th. To prevent the conversation 
from becoming fragmented, please do not respond to the HTTPBIS or 
DISPATCH mailing lists on this topic.

Thanks!

/a

____
[1] 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?q=bcp%20190&f_list=art%2Cdispatch