Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 01:57:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HTTP WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Cookies: HTTP State Management Mechanism
        Authors         : Mike West
                          John Wilander
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2020-04-20

Abstract:
   This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields.
   These header fields can be used by HTTP servers to store state
   (called cookies) at HTTP user agents, letting the servers maintain a
   stateful session over the mostly stateless HTTP protocol.  Although
   cookies have many historical infelicities that degrade their security
   and privacy, the Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields are widely used
   on the Internet.  This document obsoletes RFC 6265.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mike West <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 17:27:36 +0200

Hey folks,

This is a fairly small update. Copy/pasting from the -06 section of the
document:

   - Editorial fixes: https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1059,
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1158.
   - Created a registry for cookie attribute names:
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1060.
   - Tweaks to ABNF for "cookie-pair" and the "Cookie" header production:
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1074,
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1119.
   - Fixed serialization for nameless/valueless cookies:
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1143.
   - Converted a normative reference to Mozilla's Public Suffix List into
   an informative reference:
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1159.

-mike

---

From: Loïc Hoguin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 17:56:55 +0200

On 20/04/2020 17:27, Mike West wrote:
>   * Fixed serialization for nameless/valueless cookies:

Correct link for this should be 
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1144

Cheers,

-- 
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu