Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-08.txt

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 09:06:58 -0400

> The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics/

(...)

I gave this a re-read this morning and noticed that status code 308 is 
missing from the list in paragraph 2 of Section 9.1 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-08#section-9.1>:

    Responses with status codes that are defined as heuristically
    cacheable (e.g., 200, 203, 204, 206, 300, 301, 404, 405, 410, 414,
    and 501 in this specification)

Obviously, the list doesn't have to be exhaustive, but every other 
heuristically cacheable code in the spec (other than the recently added 
308) is listed.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Senior Software Developer
Fastmail US LLC

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:15:47 +0200

> heuristically cacheable code in the spec (other than the recently added

Good catch.

Could you please open a ticket over at
<https://github.com/httpwg/http-core>?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 13:43:34 -0400

> <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core>?

https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/385

(which you already self-assigned)