Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 03:34:59 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-1/💬19)
  2 issues created:
  - Updating stored headers II (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/488 [caching] 
  - Invalidation, Location and Content-Location (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/478 [caching] 

  7 issues received 19 new comments:
  - #488 Updating stored headers II (4 by annevk, martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/488 [caching] 
  - #478 Invalidation, Location and Content-Location (2 by MikeBishop, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/478 [caching] 
  - #473 Date case sensitivity (3 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/473 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #472 UTC in dates (4 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/472 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #463 Replacing stored responses upon validation (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/463 [caching] 
  - #460 Handling duplicate directives (part II) (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/460 [caching] 
  - #458 Combining Partial Content (3 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/458 [caching] 

  1 issues closed:
  - UTC in dates https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/472 [caching] [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+10/-6/💬30)
  10 issues created:
  - Removing subheaders content identifiers (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1315 
  - remove redundant definitions after transitioning to structured fields (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1311 
  - signatures: clarify letter case for content identifiers (by llorllale)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1308 
  - signatures: which parameters are tokens and which are quoted strings? (by llorllale)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1307 
  - signatures: HTTP header line folding (by llorllale)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1306 
  - signatures: datatypes of (created) and (expires) (by llorllale)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1305 
  - signatures: expected behaviour on unrecognized signature header parameters (by llorllale)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1304 
  - signatures: use of parenthesis around some content identifiers (by llorllale)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1303 
  - Default incremental value in the new http priority scheme (by yangchi)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1300 
  - ios 14 beta (by pes2020kk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1296 

  16 issues received 30 new comments:
  - #1308 signatures: clarify letter case for content identifiers (1 by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1308 [signatures] 
  - #1306 signatures: HTTP header line folding (5 by ioggstream, llorllale, richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1306 [signatures] 
  - #1305 signatures: datatypes of (created) and (expires) (1 by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1305 [signatures] 
  - #1304 signatures: expected behaviour on unrecognized signature header parameters (3 by llorllale, richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1304 [signatures] 
  - #1303 signatures: asterisk preceding some content identifiers (5 by ioggstream, llorllale)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1303 [signatures] 
  - #1300 Default incremental value in the new http priority scheme (2 by LPardue, yangchi)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1300 
  - #1296 ios 14 beta (1 by pes2020kk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1296 
  - #1214 Ensure the spec is independent from HTTP/1.1 (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1214 [signatures] 
  - #1208 Intermediaries altering content-coding (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1208 [digest-headers] 
  - #1194 Expiration not needed (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1194 [signatures] 
  - #1191 Add guidance for signing compressed headers (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1191 [signatures] 
  - #1185 Max values, precision for Integer String and Decimal String not defined (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1185 [signatures] 
  - #1179 Algorithm Registry should not be initialized with deprecated entries (1 by OR13)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1179 [signatures] 
  - #1178 Algorithm Registry duplicates work of JWA (1 by OR13)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1178 [signatures] 
  - #1176 Confusing guidance on algorithm and key identification (3 by OR13, jyasskin)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1176 [signatures] 
  - #885 Define id- as a prefix for any Digest alg, not just id-sha-256 and id-sha-512 (2 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/885 [digest-headers] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Signature parameters are not signed https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1184 [signatures] 
  - Misleading name for headers parameter https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1181 [signatures] 
  - Use Structured Headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1198 [signatures] 
  - Default incremental value in the new http priority scheme https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1300 
  - Intermediaries altering content-coding https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1208 [digest-headers] 
  - ios 14 beta https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1296 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+11/-1/💬4)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - ref https://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/AsImplemented.html (#496) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/498 
  - Refine how headers are excepted from update on 304 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/490 
  - Talk about field backwards compatibility (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/487 
  - Relax invalidation on Location and Content-Location (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/486 
  - Clarify Age error handling (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/485 
  - Remove spurious "UTC" (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/484 
  - Clarify req on storing full response to conditional (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/483 
  - Clarify duplicate and invalid freshness info (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/482 
  - Strengthen recommendations for application caches (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/481 
  - Define request collapsing (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/480 
  - Correct rules considered case-insensitive in dates (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/479 

  3 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #498 ref https://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/AsImplemented.html (#496) (2 by reschke, ylafon)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/498 
  - #485 Clarify Age error handling (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/485 
  - #464 Go over 'field' usage (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/464 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Remove spurious "UTC"
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/484 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+10/-3/💬3)
  10 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix: #1315. Remove subheader covered content. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1317 
  - remove trailing whitespaces (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1316 
  - Fix: #1190. Remove algorithm specific rules for content identifiers. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1314 
  - Reuse existing definitions for Unix time and Structured fields. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1313 
  - Remove redundant definitions. See #1311 (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1312 
  - Method is defined in semantics. See #1214. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1310 
  - Generalize HTTP protocol (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1309 
  - rfc6265bis: update HTTP refs to new core specs (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1299 
  - rfc6265bis: fix internal link (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1298 
  - Adopting Structured Fields (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1297 

  2 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #1297 Adopting Structured Fields (2 by ioggstream, llorllale)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1297 [signatures] 
  - #1291 Add changelog since -03 (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1291 [digest-headers] 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Adopting Structured Fields
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1297 [signatures] 
  - Fix: 1208. Intermediaries altering content/transfer-coding or content…
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1294 [digest-headers] 
  - digest: minor editorial typos
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1295 [digest-headers] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions