Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 02:32:32 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+0/-6/💬4)
  2 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #511 Semantics talking about Host header field (2 by kazuho, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/511 [semantics] 
  - #510 The 60 second strong Last-Modified window (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/510 [semantics] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Invalidation, Location and Content-Location https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/478 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - 1xx, 204 and 304 trailers https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/503 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Semantics talking about Host header field https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/511 [semantics] 
  - Defining new preconditions https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/448 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Request collapsing https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/475 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Validation failures https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/462 [caching] [has-proposal] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+0/-0/💬6)
  5 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #1315 Removing subheaders content identifiers (2 by ioggstream, richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1315 [signatures] 
  - #1303 signatures: asterisk preceding some content identifiers (1 by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1303 [signatures] 
  - #1163 document.cookie should not be able to access SameSite cookies in cross-site iframes (1 by englehardt)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1163 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - #1136 rfc6265bis UA requirements and WPT mismatch (1 by essen)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1136 [6265bis] 
  - #933 SameSite attribute is not easily extensible (1 by englehardt)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/933 [6265bis] [samesite] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+1/-0/💬17)
  1 issues created:
  - Consider guidance for new field design wrt compression (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/790 

  7 issues received 17 new comments:
  - #787 New ALPN protocol identifier for the revised protocol (6 by LPardue, ianswett, martinthomson, mnot, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/787 
  - #786 Cut Server Push (4 by GregoireHebert, dunglas, ianswett)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/786 
  - #780 Midders or multiple trailers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/780 
  - #778 Loosen prohibition on pseudo-fields (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/778 
  - #776 Reserve some codepoints for greasing (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/776 
  - #773 Consider (partial) removal of priority signaling (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/773 
  - #772 Remove upgrade mechanism (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/772 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-5/💬3)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - note that HTTP/2 uses something other than `Host` (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/513 
  - 1xx language about bodies and trailers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/512 

  3 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #487 Talk about field backwards compatibility (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/487 
  - #486 Relax invalidation on Location and Content-Location (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/486 
  - #466 Tighten up Vary language (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/466 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Relax invalidation on Location and Content-Location
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/486 
  - 1xx language about bodies and trailers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/512 
  - Talk about field backwards compatibility
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/487 
  - Define request collapsing
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/480 
  - Validation Failures (Mnot 462)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/468 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+0/-3/💬8)
  4 pull requests received 8 new comments:
  - #1325 Treat cookies as "SameSite=Lax" by default. (3 by chlily1, miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1325 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - #1324 Introduce "Schemeful Same-Site" cookies. (1 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1324 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - #1323 Require "Secure" for "SameSite=None". (3 by chlily1, miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1323 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - #1310 Method is defined in semantics. See #1214. (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1310 [signatures] 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Method is defined in semantics. See #1214.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1310 [signatures] 
  - Generalize HTTP protocol
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1309 [signatures] 
  - udpated description to reflect draft current status
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1329 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec