Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 02:32:49 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-4/💬10)
  1 issues created:
  - Question: does SEMANTICS obsolete/update RFC3684 aka BCP90 ? (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/515 

  2 issues received 10 new comments:
  - #515 Question: does SEMANTICS obsolete/update RFC3864 aka BCP90 ? (4 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/515 [semantics] 
  - #356 Clarify use of If-None-Match with unsafe methods (6 by liyishuai, mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/356 [semantics] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Question: does SEMANTICS obsolete/update RFC3864 aka BCP90 ? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/515 [semantics] 
  - no-store and other caches https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/474 [caching] 
  - Updating stored headers II https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/488 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Should serving one range entail serving all requested ranges? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/445 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-0/💬19)
  1 issues created:
  - Effect of overwriting ordered dictionary entries (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1330 [header-structure] 

  2 issues received 19 new comments:
  - #1330 Effect of overwriting ordered dictionary entries (18 by annevk, clelland, martinthomson, mnot, phluid61, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1330 [header-structure] 
  - #1303 signatures: asterisk preceding some content identifiers (1 by OR13)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1303 [signatures] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+12/-7/💬5)
  12 pull requests submitted:
  - Update the URI for the [Linhart] paper (fixes #517) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/527 [h1-messaging] 
  - Factor out Updating Stored Headers and use in Combining Responses (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/526 
  - Adjust section titles (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/525 
  - HTTP/1.1 Messaging -> HTTP/1.1 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/524 
  - Introduce protocol versioning and messages (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/523 
  - Rename 'Framing' and move it up (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/522 
  - Remove Control Data (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/521 
  - Introductory text for 'authoritative access' (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/520 
  - Move example req/res into the intro (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/519 
  -    Relax 60-second for LM strong compare (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/518 
  - note that we are updating RFC 3864 (for #515) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/516 
  - proposed current acks for #442 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/514 

  2 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #527 Update the URI for the [Linhart] paper (fixes #517) (3 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/527 [h1-messaging] 
  - #513 note that HTTP/2 uses something other than `Host` (2 by kazuho, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/513 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Update the URI for the [Linhart] paper (fixes #517)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/527 [h1-messaging] 
  - Strengthen recommendations for application caches
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/481 
  - Tighten up Vary language
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/466 
  - Refine how headers are excepted from update on 304
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/490 
  - Explain that 206 responses can be a subset of the requested ranges
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/509 
  - note that we are updating RFC 3864 (for #515)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/516 [semantics] 
  - proposed current acks for #442
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/514 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec