Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 02:32:43 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+4/-5/💬6)
  4 issues created:
  - Define message framing before using it (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/507 
  - consistent IANA registration tables (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/506 
  - 1xx, 204 and 304 trailers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/503 [semantics] 
  - PUT request headers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/502 [semantics] 

  2 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #474 no-store and other caches (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/474 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - #449 remove MIME-Version field definition (5 by reschke, royfielding, yadij)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/449 [h1-messaging] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Combining field values across sections https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/454 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Handling duplicate directives (part II) https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/460 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Replacing stored responses upon validation https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/463 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Revisiting Age error handling https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/471 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Date case sensitivity https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/473 [caching] [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-1/💬25)
  1 issues created:
  - HTTP Message Signatures - expired draft, please refresh (by msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1318 

  11 issues received 25 new comments:
  - #1318 HTTP Message Signatures - expired draft, please refresh (2 by ioggstream, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1318 
  - #1315 Removing subheaders content identifiers (2 by ioggstream, msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1315 [signatures] 
  - #1311 remove redundant definitions after transitioning to structured fields (2 by ioggstream, msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1311 [signatures] 
  - #1308 signatures: clarify letter case for content identifiers (7 by ioggstream, msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1308 [signatures] 
  - #1307 signatures: which parameters are tokens and which are quoted strings? (1 by msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1307 [signatures] 
  - #1306 signatures: HTTP header line folding (1 by msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1306 [signatures] 
  - #1305 signatures: datatypes of (created) and (expires) (1 by msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1305 [signatures] 
  - #1303 signatures: asterisk preceding some content identifiers (6 by OR13, ioggstream, msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1303 [signatures] 
  - #1194 Expiration not needed (1 by OR13)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1194 [signatures] 
  - #1178 Algorithm Registry duplicates work of JWA (1 by OR13)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1178 [signatures] 
  - #1177 Lack of definition of keyId hurts interoperability (1 by OR13)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1177 [signatures] 

  1 issues closed:
  - HTTP Message Signatures - expired draft, please refresh https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1318 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+18/-3/💬40)
  18 issues created:
  - Update the HPACK static table (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/788 
  - Update alpn (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/787 
  - Cut Server Push (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/786 
  - Enabling remote timing attacks (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/785 
  - Speak a bit more about head-of-line blocking (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/784 
  - Try to improve the definition of the closed state (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/783 
  - Centralize the definition of frame flags (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/782 
  - Design for 0-RTT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/781 
  - Midders or multiple trailers (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/780 
  - Update field terminology (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/779 
  - Loosen prohibition on pseudo-fields (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/778 
  - Reference updated core specs (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/777 
  - Reserve some codepoints for greasing (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/776 
  - Improve resource exhaustion attack text (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/775 
  - Integrate TLS 1.3 updates (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/774 
  - Consider (partial) removal of priority signaling (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/773 
  - Remove upgrade mechanism (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/772 
  - Update HTML5 reference (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/771 

  15 issues received 40 new comments:
  - #788 Update the HPACK static table (5 by LPardue, Lukasa, MikeBishop, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/788 
  - #787 New ALPN protocol identifier for the revised protocol (2 by MikeBishop, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/787 
  - #786 Cut Server Push (11 by Lukasa, MikeBishop, bagder, grmocg, ianswett, mnot, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/786 
  - #783 Try to improve the definition of the closed state (1 by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/783 
  - #781 Design for 0-RTT (1 by wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/781 
  - #780 Midders or multiple trailers (6 by Lukasa, martinthomson, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/780 
  - #779 Update field terminology (1 by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/779 
  - #778 Loosen prohibition on pseudo-fields (3 by Lukasa, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/778 
  - #777 Reference updated core specs (2 by martinthomson, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/777 
  - #776 Reserve some codepoints for greasing (1 by wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/776 
  - #775 Improve resource exhaustion attack text (1 by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/775 
  - #772 Remove upgrade mechanism (2 by Lukasa, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/772 
  - #770 Correct handling of HTTP/2 frames with multiple errors (2 by martinthomson, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/770 
  - #768 Clarify :path format (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/768 
  - #749 opaque (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/749 

  3 issues closed:
  - Clarify :path format https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/768 
  - opaque https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/749 
  - Dynamic Table size update clarification https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/728 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+4/-10/💬1)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Explain that 206 responses can be a subset of the requested ranges (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/509 
  - Define implicit and explicit framing without detailing the mechanisms (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/508 
  - tune "close" header field name registration  (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/501 
  - Make ref to validators more consistent, also ref field names (for #489) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/499 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #466 Tighten up Vary language (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/466 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - Go over 'field' usage
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/464 
  - Constrain field combination to a section
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/469 
  - Remove no-store from serving stale
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/470 
  - Clarify duplicate and invalid freshness info
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/482 
  - Clarify req on storing full response to conditional
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/483 
  - Clarify Age error handling
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/485 
  - Make ref to validators more consistent, also ref field names (for #489)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/499 
  - tune "close" header field name registration 
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/501 
  - Correct rules considered case-insensitive in dates
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/479 
  - ref https://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/AsImplemented.html (#496)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/498 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+10/-2/💬15)
  10 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove trailing whitespace (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1328 
  - Remove trailing whitespace (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1327 
  - Install SF validator only when not present (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1326 
  - Treat cookies as "SameSite=Lax" by default. (by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1325 
  - Introduce "Schemeful Same-Site" cookies. (by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1324 
  - Require "Secure" for "SameSite=None". (by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1323 
  - Allow SP in Byte Sequences (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1322 
  - Validate HTTP message examples in Digest (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1321 
  - Validate http headers in CH (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1320 
  - Validate Structured Fields, with adjustments (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1319 

  3 pull requests received 15 new comments:
  - #1328 Remove trailing whitespace (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1328 
  - #1320 Validate http headers in CH (7 by mnot, reschke, yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1320 [client-hints] 
  - #1319 Validate Structured Fields, with adjustments (7 by Lukasa, martinthomson, mnot, phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1319 [signatures] 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Validate http headers in CH
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1320 [client-hints] 
  - Validate HTTP message examples in Digest
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1321 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec