Subject: A typo in the HTTP SEARCH method draft

From: Sawood Alam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 21:03:06 -0500

Hi,

I noticed a typo in the HTTP SEARCH method draft at
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-search-method-02 where it says, "A
typical use of HTTP GET for requesting a search", the second time. It
should actually be "HTTP POST" instead of "HTTP GET".

Best,

--
Sawood Alam

---

From: Sawood Alam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 21:24:43 -0500

Also, there is the "SQL" abbreviation used in the "Examples" section
without a citation or in-place expansion. However, soon after that an
equally common abbreviation "CSV" is not used in favor of its expanded form.

Best,

--
Sawood Alam

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 9:03 PM Sawood Alam <[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-search-method-02 where it says,
> "A typical use of HTTP GET for requesting a search", the second time. It

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 13:36:19 +0100

Am 04.11.2020 um 03:24 schrieb Sawood Alam:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 9:03 PM Sawood Alam <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-search-method-02
>     <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-search-method-02> where it
>     says, "A typical use of HTTP GET for requesting a search", the
>     second time. It should actually be "HTTP POST" instead of "HTTP GET".
>
>     Best,
>
>     --
>     Sawood Alam

Sawood,

thanks for paying attention to detail.

I fixed the incorrect method name in
<https://github.com/jasnell/specs/commit/bd19959649a17a9bbe77c2cceb4c707261402a10>.

With respect to abbreviations: things like this usually are addressed
much later. That said, see
<https://www.rfc-editor.org/materials/abbrev.expansion.txt>.

Best regards, Julian