Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 02:38:21 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-3/💬3)
  2 issues created:
  - must-revalidate overspecifies a MUST send 504 instead of 5xx (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/608 
  - TLS ref needs to be normative (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/589 [semantics] 

  2 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #589 TLS ref needs to be normative (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/589 [semantics] 
  - #568 accept-ext in Accept header field used in practice? (2 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/568 [semantics] 

  3 issues closed:
  - In Conneg ABNFs, "*" is still special-cased https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/567 
  - If-Range: detecting Etag (vs Date) https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/570 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - TLS ref needs to be normative https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/589 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-2/💬10)
  2 issues created:
  - [6265bis] Clarification on cookie size limits (by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1340 
  - Failed to publish a new draft of RFC6265bis. (by mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1338 

  4 issues received 10 new comments:
  - #1340 [6265bis] Clarification on cookie size limits (1 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1340 
  - #1338 Failed to publish a new draft of RFC6265bis. (5 by martinthomson, mikewest, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1338 
  - #1337 [6265bis] Align on HTML terminology for origins (2 by miketaylr, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1337 [6265bis] 
  - #1016 Consider using "User Agent" and "Origin Server" instead of "end client" (2 by ioggstream, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1016 [priorities] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Inconsistent rules around whitespace https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1251 [header-structure] 
  - Failed to publish a new draft of RFC6265bis. https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1338 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+8/-6/💬1)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - clarify definition of HEAD and why some header fields differ in response (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/602 
  - Potentially allow Range handling on methods other than GET (fixes #581) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/601 [semantics] 
  - remove old organization intro text and update headings (editorial) (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/599 
  - Reschke 571 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/597 
  - fix an off-by-one bug about how many chars to consider when checking for etags (fixes #570) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/595 [semantics] 
  - Make TLS ref normative (fixes #589) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/592 [semantics] 
  - rearrange content negotiation so that all fields are at end (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/591 
  - improve abstract (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/590 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #536 move transfer-coding ABNF to Semantics and clean it up (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/536 [h1-messaging] [semantics] 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - clarify definition of HEAD and why some header fields differ in response
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/602 [semantics] 
  - Potentially allow Range handling on methods other than GET (fixes #581)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/601 [semantics] 
  - move transfer-coding ABNF to Semantics and clean it up
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/536 [h1-messaging] [semantics] 
  - Reschke 571
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/597 
  - fix an off-by-one bug about how many chars to consider when checking for etags (fixes #570)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/595 [semantics] 
  - Make TLS ref normative (fixes #589)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/592 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-2/💬2)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove leftover paragraph about unknown SameSite values (by FiloSottile)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1339 

  1 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #1324 Introduce "Schemeful Same-Site" cookies. (2 by miketaylr, mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1324 [6265bis] [samesite] 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Remove leftover paragraph about unknown SameSite values
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1339 
  - Introduce "Schemeful Same-Site" cookies.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1324 [6265bis] [samesite] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec