Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 00:06:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HTTP WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Cookies: HTTP State Management Mechanism
        Authors         : Mike West
                          John Wilander
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-07.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2020-12-07

Abstract:
   This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields.
   These header fields can be used by HTTP servers to store state
   (called cookies) at HTTP user agents, letting the servers maintain a
   stateful session over the mostly stateless HTTP protocol.  Although
   cookies have many historical infelicities that degrade their security
   and privacy, the Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields are widely used
   on the Internet.  This document obsoletes RFC 6265.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mike West <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 09:21:44 +0100

Following up on the adoption which concluded in
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2020OctDec/0193.html,
this -07 draft pulls in the portions of
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-cookie-incrementalism that we
discussed specifically at the interim meeting.

Feedback is quite welcome, in particular on questions like
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1337, which poke at the
boundary between terminology like "origin" and "origin of a
[URL-or-URI-depending-on-who-you-ask]" which are defined both in the HTML
and URL specifications produced by the WHATWG, and in this WG's http-core
(via RFC6454).

-mike