Subject: Status update on Extensible Priorities

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 17:32:29 +0000

Hello HTTP WG,

The chairs asked us to give the WG a status update on
draft-ietf-httpbis-priority.

Since we last spoke in the October interim, no new issues have been raised.
We still have the following open issues and I've just today made some PRs
that I believe will address them. Reviews are most welcome.

* "Within the stream limit" in HTTP/2?:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1261
  - PR: https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1344
* Default priority of a pushed request:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1056
  - PR: https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1345

One we resolve these issues, we intend to cut a new draft of the I-D.

After that we are not aware of any outstanding issues or requested
improvements but we're also not sure how much implementation experience
there is with this scheme. Now is a great time to report on interop, or
start thinking about doing some interop to report.

Cheers,
Lucas

On behalf of the Extensible Priorities Editors