Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 02:34:56 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-3/💬2)
  2 issues created:
  - accept-ext in Accept header field used in practice (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/568 [semantics] 
  - In Conneg ABNFs, "*" is still special-cased (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/567 

  1 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #474 no-store and other caches (2 by annevk, yadij)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/474 [caching] 

  3 issues closed:
  - no-store and other caches https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/474 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - The 60 second strong Last-Modified window https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/510 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - PUT request headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/502 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-6/💬10)
  1 issues created:
  - [6265bis] Align on HTML terminology for origins (by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1337 

  8 issues received 10 new comments:
  - #1337 [6265bis] Align on HTML terminology for origins (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1337 
  - #1315 Removing subheaders content identifiers (1 by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1315 [signatures] 
  - #1308 signatures: clarify letter case for content identifiers (1 by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1308 [signatures] 
  - #1306 signatures: HTTP header line folding (2 by jricher, richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1306 [signatures] 
  - #1238 Clearing Client Hint preferences with browser history seems odd (1 by amtunlimited)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1238 [client-hints] 
  - #1138 sum and cksum aren't cryptographic either (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1138 [digest-headers] 
  - #852 Create a threat model for `Digest` header. (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/852 [digest-headers] 
  - #851 Using Digest in signatures (2 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/851 [digest-headers] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Clearing Client Hint preferences with browser history seems odd https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1238 [client-hints] 
  - duplicate digest-algorithms in field value https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1221 [digest-headers] 
  - Using Digest in signatures https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/851 [digest-headers] 
  - remove redundant definitions after transitioning to structured fields https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1311 [signatures] 
  - signatures: clarify letter case for content identifiers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1308 [signatures] 
  - Add guidance for signing compressed headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1191 [signatures] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+7/-7/💬5)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - improve message abstraction to reflect semantics after message is parsed (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/557 
  - use payload or payload data for semantics instead of body or body data (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/555 
  - move the definition sections for Fields and Field Values up … (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/554 
  - move protocol version section up to conformance (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/551 
  - define the Message Abstraction as an ADT rather than as a message (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/546 
  - Refine text about application caches (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/545 
  - cleanup prior #510 resolution to reduce nesting, fix punctuation, spelling (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/541 

  3 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #557 improve message abstraction to reflect semantics after message is parsed (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/557 
  - #551 move protocol version section up to conformance (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/551 
  - #546 define the Message Abstraction as an ADT rather than as a message (3 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/546 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - improve message abstraction to reflect semantics after message is parsed
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/557 
  - use payload or payload data for semantics instead of body or body data
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/555 
  - move the definition sections for Fields and Field Values up …
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/554 
  - move protocol version section up to conformance
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/551 
  - Refine text about application caches
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/545 
  - cleanup prior #510 resolution to reduce nesting, fix punctuation, spelling
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/541 
  - Say a bit more about PUT handling
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/535 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-7/💬13)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix: #852. Mention resource consumption. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1335 
  - Fix: 851. Mangling might invalidate signatures. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1334 
  - Fix: 1221. Non-normative hints for duplicate digest-algorithms. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1333 

  6 pull requests received 13 new comments:
  - #1333 Fix: 1221. Non-normative hints for duplicate digest-algorithms. (2 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1333 
  - #1328 Remove trailing whitespace (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1328 
  - #1325 Treat cookies as "SameSite=Lax" by default. (2 by chlily1, mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1325 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - #1324 Introduce "Schemeful Same-Site" cookies. (5 by chlily1, miketaylr, mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1324 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - #1323 Require "Secure" for "SameSite=None". (2 by miketaylr, mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1323 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - #1243 Remove requirement to clear Client Hint preferences on browser history clear (1 by amtunlimited)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1243 [client-hints] 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Fix: 1221. Non-normative hints for duplicate digest-algorithms.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1333 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: 851. Mangling might invalidate signatures.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1334 
  - RFC 6265bis: SameSite -- clarify request method on redirects
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1331 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - Require "Secure" for "SameSite=None".
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1323 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - Treat cookies as "SameSite=Lax" by default.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1325 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - Remove redundant definitions. See #1311
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1312 [signatures] 
  - Validate Structured Fields, with adjustments
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1319 [signatures] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec