Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 08:26:46 +0000

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-1/💬7)
  1 issues created:
  - What is the correct behavior if HTTP/2.0 is mentioned over HTTP/1.1 syntax? (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/845 

  1 issues received 7 new comments:
  - #845 What is the correct behavior if HTTP/2.0 is mentioned over HTTP/1.1 syntax? (7 by RajeevaLochana, annevk, kazuho, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/845 [h1-messaging] [semantics] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Security considerations: `_` in field names https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/843 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+5/-6/💬4)
  5 issues created:
  - Support for Raw Public Keys (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1522 [client-cert-header] 
  - Certificate chain data (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1521 
  - IANA registration (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1520 [client-cert-header] 
  - Renegotiation and Client-Cert (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1519 [client-cert-header] 
  - RFC 6265bis should specify that no decoding of Set-Cookie line should occur (by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1517 [6265bis] 

  4 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #1514 Signing HTTP Signatures Section 2.3 Question Concerning Lists (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1514 [signatures] 
  - #1426 RFC6265bis Section 9.3 link broken (1 by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1426 [6265bis] 
  - #1422 RFC6265bis Spec does not match Lax-Allowing-Unsafe behavior implemented in Chrome and Firefox (1 by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1422 [6265bis] 
  - #970 Computing Digest in requests (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/970 [digest-headers] 

  6 issues closed:
  - RFC6265bis Section 9.3 link broken https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1426 [6265bis] 
  - [WIP] Review security considerations https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1486 [digest-headers] 
  - Add section Changes from RFC3230' https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1484 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix trailer section  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1487 [digest-headers] 
  - Remove FAQ from digest https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1489 [digest-headers] 
  - RFC6265bis Spec does not match Lax-Allowing-Unsafe behavior implemented in Chrome and Firefox https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1422 [6265bis] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+1/-5/💬2)
  1 issues created:
  - Intermediaries and connection-specific headers (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/851 

  2 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #849 Is Content-Length acceptable on CONNECT request? (1 by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/849 
  - #826 Tweaking registry policies (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/826 

  5 issues closed:
  - Consider loosening requirement for clients to reject connection-specific header fields https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/789 
  - Any appropriate error code, including generic ones https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/824 
  - Remove upgrade mechanism https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/772 
  - Consider (partial) removal of priority signaling https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/773 
  - Tweak HTTP/1.1 dependencies https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/841 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+0/-1/💬5)
  1 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #844 Application handling of field names (5 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/844 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Application handling of field names
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/844 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-9/💬3)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - safe-method-w-body: update HTTP reference (#1524) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1525 
  - Remove TODOs (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1523 [client-cert-header] 
  - First pass for header/field terminology (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1518 [client-cert-header] 

  2 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #1485 Fix: #1484. Add section Changes from 3230 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1485 [digest-headers] 
  - #1378 Fix: #1377. Deprecate unixsum and unixcksum. (2 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1378 [digest-headers] 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Clarified the ways cookies may be ignored.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1013 [6265bis] 
  - safe-method-w-body: update HTTP reference (#1524)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1525 
  - 6265bis: Clarify IANA registry wording
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1516 
  - Fix: #1486. Security considerations review.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1488 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #1484. Add section Changes from 3230
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1485 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #1487. Trailers considerations.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1491 [digest-headers] 
  - Mark's review on section 3.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1479 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #1489. FAQ to be removed.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1490 [digest-headers] 
  - digest: editorial over abstract and intro
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1477 [digest-headers] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+7/-8/💬31)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Discuss flow control performance (by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/859 
  - Add details regarding removal of connection-specific fields. (by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/858 
  - Copy the QUIC text regarding generic errors (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/856 
  - Remove dead references (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/855 
  - Add a changelog for priority removal (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/854 
  - Experimental begone (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/853 
  - Clean closed state (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/850 

  4 pull requests received 31 new comments:
  - #859 Discuss flow control performance (9 by Lukasa, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/859 
  - #850 Clean closed state (11 by Lukasa, martinthomson, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/850 
  - #846 What characters are permitted (10 by Lukasa, gregw, martinthomson, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/846 
  - #820 Remove Upgrade mechanism. (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/820 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Add details regarding removal of connection-specific fields.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/858 
  - Add a changelog for priority removal
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/854 
  - Remove dead references
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/855 
  - Copy the QUIC text regarding generic errors
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/856 
  - Partially-valid request/response handling
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/847 
  - Remove Upgrade mechanism.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/820 
  - Remove priority
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/795 
  - Make HTTP/1.1 reference informational
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/845 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec