Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 07:39:27 +0000

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+10/-0/💬9)
  10 issues created:
  - Should we return only headers on HEAD requests with unsupported protocol mentioned in HTTP/1.1 syntax? (by RajeevaLochana)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/861 
  - Martin Duke COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-16 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/860 [h1-messaging] 
  - Éric Vyncke's COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/859 [semantics] 
  - Lars Eggert COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/858 [caching] 
  - Martin Duke last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/857 [semantics] 
  - Roman Danyliw COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/856 [caching] 
  - Roman Danyliw COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/854 [semantics] 
  - Lars Eggert COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-16 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/852 [h1-messaging] 
  - Genart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/851 [semantics] 
  - Editorials and clarifications (AD review of draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16) (by fpalombini)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/849 

  5 issues received 9 new comments:
  - #861 Should we return only headers on HEAD requests with unsupported protocol mentioned in HTTP/1.1 syntax? (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/861 
  - #856 Roman Danyliw COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/856 [caching] 
  - #852 Lars Eggert COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-16 (2 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/852 [h1-messaging] 
  - #839 Validation, Last-Modified and scope of updates (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/839 [caching] 
  - #8 clarify upgrade token case-sensitivity (4 by ioquatix, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/8 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+6/-8/💬25)
  6 issues created:
  - [SIGNATURES] Are algorithm aliases allowed in the registry? (by msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1538 
  - [SIGNATURES] Define a Registry Process (by msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1537 
  - @request-target doesn't encode the request target (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1536 [signatures] 
  - relax restriction of generic XML media type in request body (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1535 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - Registration policy for digest algorithm values (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1533 [digest-headers] 
  - [DIGEST HEADERS] Multibase encoded multihash for Digest Headers (by msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1532 

  10 issues received 25 new comments:
  - #1538 [SIGNATURES] Are algorithm aliases allowed in the registry? (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1538 [signatures] 
  - #1532 [DIGEST HEADERS] Multibase encoded multihash for Digest Headers (6 by LPardue, ioggstream, mnot, msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1532 [digest-headers] 
  - #1521 Certificate chain data (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1521 [client-cert-header] 
  - #1515 Clarify that algorithm identifiers are not parameterized (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1515 [signatures] 
  - #1514 Signing HTTP Signatures Section 2.3 Question Concerning Lists (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1514 [signatures] 
  - #1510 Signature algorithm method identifiers (10 by dlongley, jricher, martinthomson, mnot, msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1510 [signatures] 
  - #1509 Modernize test vectors from RSA -> Ed25519 (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1509 [signatures] 
  - #1506 Signature Generation Script (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1506 [signatures] 
  - #1500 Disabling h2 priorities - nits (2 by LPardue, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1500 [priorities] 
  - #1315 Removing subheaders content identifiers (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1315 [signatures] 

  8 issues closed:
  - relax restriction of generic XML media type in request body https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1535 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - Signing HTTP Signatures Section 2.3 Question Concerning Lists https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1514 [signatures] 
  - Removing subheaders content identifiers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1315 [signatures] 
  - Clarify that algorithm identifiers are not parameterized https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1515 [signatures] 
  - Signatures: Difficulty verifying B.2 examples https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1475 [signatures] 
  - Signatures 04: Typo in multiple Signatures signature string? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1493 [signatures] 
  - Add examples and discussion of signed responses https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1503 [signatures] 
  - Signatures 04: Use lists instead of Inner lists for §2.3 Prefixes https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1492 [signatures] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-0/💬0)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Roman Danyliw COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16  (for #854) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/855 [semantics] 
  - Lars Eggert COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-16  (for #852) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/853 [h1-messaging] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-7/💬4)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - State the H2 priority signals explicitly (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1541 
  - Release Signatures -05 (by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1540 
  - Relax restriction of generic XML media type in request body (fixes #1535) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1539 [safe-method-w-body] 

  3 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #1523 Remove TODOs (1 by b---c)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1523 [client-cert-header] 
  - #1504 Add a section for http prioritization in transport retransmission (2 by LPardue, rmarx)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1504 [priorities] 
  - #1501 define H2 priority deprecation directly as action (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1501 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - First pass for header/field terminology
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1518 [client-cert-header] 
  - define H2 priority deprecation directly as action
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1501 
  - Remove TODOs
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1523 [client-cert-header] 
  - Release Signatures -05
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1540 
  - Relax restriction of generic XML media type in request body (fixes #1535)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1539 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - Remove List Prefixes
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1529 [signatures] 
  - Update signature algorithm definitions
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1528 [signatures] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+1/-1/💬4)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Improve on fix for #815 for lowercase validation (by gregw)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/864 

  2 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #864 Improve on fix for #815 for lowercase validation (1 by gregw)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/864 
  - #861 Improve on fix for #815 (3 by gregw, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/861 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Improve on fix for #815 for lowercase validation
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/864 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec