Subject: Zaheduzzaman Sarker's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 05:28:44 -0700

Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for efforts put for this document.

I have following comments/questions :

* I consider this as editorial fix hence not holding a discuss but I would
like to see this addressed. This document uses terminologies defined in section
3 of
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16#section-3,
for example - user agent, client. However, it does not refer to the the
semantics doc. I think it must refer to the section 3 of semantic document.

* Section 1 :
        - Is impossible to add a reference  to HTTP in the intro?
        - it says -
             "A cache stores cacheable responses to reduce the response
   time and network bandwidth consumption on future equivalent requests.
   Any client or server MAY use a cache, though not when acting as a
   tunnel."
        I think the case "when action as a tunnel" need to be described here to
        help understanding the context better. The whole tunneling thing came
        without any prior discussion and the use case is not clearly stated in
        the entire document.

* Section 1.3:  this "canned string" can be made more verbose to increase the
understanding of the note.

* Section 5.2.3: it felt like the readers are expected to know about "cache
extension token", that might not always be the case hence please define it or
describe it inline in the section.