Subject: Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 05:08:57 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 3. , paragraph 2, comment:
>    A cache MUST NOT store a response to a request unless:

Unless all of these are true or any of these are true? I guess the former.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 2. , paragraph 2, nit:
>    Proper cache operation preserves the semantics of HTTP transfers
>    ([Semantics]) while reducing the transmission of information already

It's unusual to put a reference (also) in parentheses; suggest removing the
parentheses here and checking similar occurrences throughout the document.

Section 1. , paragraph 5, nit:
-    HTTP caching's goal is significantly improving performance by reusing
-                -------
+    The goal of HTTP caching is significantly improving performance by reusing
+   ++++++++++++

Section 1.3. , paragraph 5, nit:
>  uses to select a response and is comprised of, at a minimum, the request met
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you mean "comprises" or "consists of" or "is composed of"?

Section 9.1. , paragraph 3, nit:
> ferring to RFC 723x. * Remove acknowledgements specific to RFC 723x. * Move
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do not mix variants of the same word ("acknowledgement" and "acknowledgment")
within a single text.

Section 9.1. , paragraph 3, nit:
> pecific to RFC 723x. * Move "Acknowledgements" to the very end and make them
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do not mix variants of the same word ("acknowledgement" and "acknowledgment")
within a single text.

These URLs point to tools.ietf.org, which is being deprecated:
 * https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-16
 * https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16