Subject: Robert Wilton's No Record on draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 06:01:39 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16: No Record

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this document.

Not surprisingly, I don't have many comments on this.

A couple of nits for you to take/leave at your discretion:

   This enables caches to _collapse requests_ -
   or combine multiple incoming requests into a single forward one upon
   a cache miss - thereby reducing load on the origin server and
   network.

It wasn't entirely obvious to me what was meant by "single forward one",
perhaps this could be clarified.

    4.1.  Calculating Cache Keys with Vary

The section title looks incomplete, possible something like "with Vary header
field" would read better.

Regards,
Rob