Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 13:11:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HTTP WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Cookies: HTTP State Management Mechanism
        Authors         : Lily Chen
                          Steven Englehardt
                          Mike West
                          John Wilander
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-08.txt
	Pages           : 58
	Date            : 2021-06-02

Abstract:
   This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields.
   These header fields can be used by HTTP servers to store state
   (called cookies) at HTTP user agents, letting the servers maintain a
   stateful session over the mostly stateless HTTP protocol.  Although
   cookies have many historical infelicities that degrade their security
   and privacy, the Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields are widely used
   on the Internet.  This document obsoletes RFC 6265.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-08.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/