Subject: Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets-02: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 23:43:47 -0800

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for this document.  Given how short this document is, I found it
somewhat harder to read than I expected, and hence I have a few minor and
editorial suggestions (that you are welcome to take or leave) that may improve
readability.

   [RFC8441] defines an extension to HTTP/2 which is also useful in
   HTTP/3.

1. I would suggest adding the referenced doc title here rather than leading the
introduction with just the RFC reference number. 2. I think that you need at
least an informative reference to HTTP/2. 3. The references to both HTTP/2 and
HTTP/3 should be included when they are cited in the first sentence.

  3.  Websockets Upgrade over HTTP/3

4. I would suggest moving the 2nd paragraph that considers stream closure to
the end of section 3, since the 1st, 3rd and 4th paragraphs all seem to be more
closely related in their subject matter.

Thanks,
Rob