Subject: Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-http2bis-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 03:49:01 -0800

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-http2bis-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much to say - another well written document update - I only reviewed the
diff.

One minor comment/nit,

Section 5.3.1.  Background of Priority in HTTP/2

   HTTP/2 included a rich system for signaling priority of requests.
   However, this system proved to be complex and it was not uniformly
   implemented.

Given that this document obsoletes RFC7540 and becomes the reference for HTTP/2
then I would suggest that this section would be better introduced as "RFC7540
included a rich system ..."

Regards,
Rob

---

From: "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 15:15:38 +1100

> included a rich system ..."

So would I: https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/1013

Thanks Rob.