Subject: Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets-02: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 11:44:13 -0800

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was dreading reviewing this document - I understand what websockets are, and
how to use them, but much of how they are actually implemented is black magic
to me. Same for HTTP/3 - it's better and faster and securer(!) and
all-around-wonderful... but "Bootstrapping WebSockets with HTTP/3" sounded
suspiciously like "prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic
casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line
with the panametric fan."

It turns out that this document simply reduces to a previous document which I
also didn't understand, and so I manage to remain in blissful ignorance.
Kerphew!