Subject: Hub MIB WG Meeting in LA ?

From: "Dan Romascano ELdevmt-TA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 98 8:33:44 +0200

HubMIB-ers,

We need to decide about how we continue the WG activity and if we need to 
request for a meeting slot in LA.

At this stage the items on the agenda could be:

1. Finalizing the Ethernet Interfaces MIB additions for 100 M - if we are 
not done by then, I sincerely think this can and should happen earlier - 
I do not think we have open issues here (JohnF...?).
2. Implementation Experience Reports on RFC 2108 and RFC 2239 - previous 
experience shows that a 'neutral' volunteer to collect information from 
vendors would help.
3. 1 Giga Repeaters MIB additions - volunteers are needed for editing 
this work, and we also need to extend the WG Charter for this purpose.
4. Other?

Please speak up and comment. If there is a reasonable degree of interest, 
I will proceed by asking for a meeting slot.

Regards,

Dan
(Hub MIB WG Chair)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Dan Romascanu,
Systems Architecture Group Manager,
LANNET Ltd.,
Voice: 972-3-645-8414, e-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------

---

From: John Flick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:06:12 -0800 (PST)

> request for a meeting slot in LA.

Yes!

 > I do not think we have open issues here (JohnF...?).

I don't know of any open issues.  I need to compile the additions to
the chip set OIDs from the responses I got from the IEEE list, but
other than that, I think this document is finished.

 > this work, and we also need to extend the WG Charter for this purpose.

This should include 1 Gig interface and MAU additions (adding MAU type
OIDs).

 > 4. Other?

802.3z Full Duplex additions (in particular flow control).

 > I will proceed by asking for a meeting slot.

I can volunteer as an editor if necessary.  I would be most interested
in the interface MIB update for gigabit and flow control.

John