Subject: new Chip IDs

From: John Flick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 16:24:54 -0800 (PST)

I have attached a list of the chip ID's I have added to the ethernet
MIB draft so far.  Please let me know asap if there are any missing
that you care about.  I would like to send the updated draft by this
weekend.

Thanks,
John
======================================================

       --  802.3 Hardware Chipsets

       -- The object dot3StatsEtherChipSet is provided to
       -- identify the MAC hardware used to communicate on an
       -- interface.  The following hardware chipsets are
       -- provided:

       dot3ChipSets          OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3 8 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD        OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 1 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD7990 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am7990 Local Area Network
                       Controller for Ethernet (LANCE)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 1 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79900 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79900 chip."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 2 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C940 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C940 Media Access Controller
                       for Ethernet (MACE)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 3 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C90 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C90 CMOS Local Area Network
                       Controller for Ethernet (C-LANCE)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 4 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C960 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C960 PCnet-ISA Single Chip
                       Ethernet Controller for ISA."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 5 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C961 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C961 PCnet-ISA+ Single Chip
                       Plug & Play Full-Duplex Ethernet Controller
                       for ISA."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 6 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C961A OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C961A PCnet-ISA II Single Chip
                       Plug & Play Full-Duplex Ethernet Controller
                       for ISA."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 7 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C965 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C965 PCnet-32 Single Chip
                       Ethernet Controller for PCI."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 8 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C970 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C970 PCnet PCI Single Chip
                       Ethernet Controller for PCI Local Bus."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 9 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C970A OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices AM79C970A PCnet PCI II Single Chip
                       Full-Duplex Ethernet Controller for PCI Local
                       Bus."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 10 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C971 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C971 PCnet-FAST Single Chip
                       Full-Duplex 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Controller for
                       PCI Local Bus."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 11 }

       dot3ChipSetAMD79C972 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Advanced
                       Micro Devices Am79C972 PCnet-FAST+ Enhanced
                       10/100 Mbps PCI Ethernet Controller with OnNow
                       Support."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetAMD 12 }

       dot3ChipSetIntel      OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 2 }

       dot3ChipSetIntel82586 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Intel
                       82586 IEEE 802.3 Ethernet LAN Coprocessor."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetIntel 1 }

       dot3ChipSetIntel82596 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Intel
                       82596 High-Performance 32-Bit Local Area Network
                       Coprocessor."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetIntel 2 }

       dot3ChipSetIntel82595 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Intel
                       82595 High Integration Ethernet Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetIntel 3 }

       dot3ChipSetIntel82557 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Intel
                       82557 Fast Ethernet PCI Bus Lan Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetIntel 4 }

       dot3ChipSetIntel82558 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Intel
                       82558 Fast Ethernet PCI Bus LAN Controller with
                       Integrated PHY."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetIntel 5 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq       OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 3 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq8003 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       8003 chip set."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 1 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq80C03 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       80C03 Full-Duplex CMOS Ethernet Data Link
                       Controller (MAC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 2 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq84C30 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       4-Port 84C30 Full-Duplex CMOS Ethernet 10
                       MBit/Sec Data Link Controller (MAC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 3 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq8431 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       4-Port 8431 Full-Duplex CMOS Ethernet 10
                       MBit/Sec Data Link Controller (MAC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 4 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq80C300 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       80C300 Full-Duplex CMOS Ethernet 10/100
                       Mbit/Sec Data Link Controller (MAC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 5 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq84C300 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       4-Port 84C300 Fast Ethernet Controller (MAC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 6 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq84301 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       4-Port 84301 Fast Ethernet Controller (MAC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 7 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq84302 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       4-Port 84302 Fast Ethernet Controller (MAC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 8 }

       dot3ChipSetSeeq8100 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the SEEQ
                       8100 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (MAC & PCS)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetSeeq 9 }

       dot3ChipSetNational   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 4 }

       dot3ChipSetNational8390 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP8390 Network Interface
                       Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 1 }

       dot3ChipSetNationalSonic OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP83932 Systems-Oriented Network
                       Interface Controller (SONIC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 2 }

       dot3ChipSetNational83901 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP83901 Serial Network Interface
                       Controller (SNIC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 3 }

       dot3ChipSetNational83902 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP83902 Serial Network Interface
                       Controller for Twisted Pair (ST-NIC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 4 }

       dot3ChipSetNational83905 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP83905 AT Local Area Network
                       Twisted-Pair Interface (AT/LANTIC)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 5 }

       dot3ChipSetNational83907 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP83907 AT Twisted-Pair Enhanced
                       Coaxial Network Interface Controller
                       (AT/LANTIC II)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 6 }

       dot3ChipSetNational83916 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP83916 Systems-Oriented Network
                       Interface Controller (SONIC-16)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 7 }

       dot3ChipSetNational83934 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP83934 Systems-Oriented Network
                       Interface Controller with Twisted Pair Interface
                       (SONIC-T)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 8 }

       dot3ChipSetNational83936 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the National
                       Semiconductor DP83936AVUL Full-Duplex Systems-
                       Oriented Network Interface Controller with
                       Twisted Pair Interface (SONIC-T)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetNational 9 }

       dot3ChipSetFujitsu    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 5 }

       dot3ChipSetFujitsu86950 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Fujitsu
                       86950 chip."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetFujitsu 1 }

       dot3ChipSetFujitsu86960 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Fujitsu
                       MB86960 Network Interface Controller with
                       Encoder/Decoder (NICE)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetFujitsu 2 }

       dot3ChipSetFujitsu86964 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Fujitsu
                       MB86964 Ethernet Controller with 10BASE-T
                       Tranceiver."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetFujitsu 3 }

       dot3ChipSetFujitsu86965A OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Fujitsu
                       MB86965A EtherCoupler Single-Chip Ethernet
                       Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetFujitsu 4 }

       dot3ChipSetFujitsu86965B OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Fujitsu
                       MB86965B EtherCoupler Single-Chip Ethernet
                       Controller (supports full-duplex)."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetFujitsu 5 }

       dot3ChipSetDigital    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 6 }

       dot3ChipSetDigitalDC21040 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Digital
                       Semiconductor DC21040 chip."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetDigital 1 }

       dot3ChipSetDigital21041 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Digital
                       Semiconductor 21041 PCI Ethernet LAN
                       Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetDigital 2 }

       dot3ChipSetDigital21140 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Digital
                       Semiconductor 21140 PCI Fast Ethernet LAN
                       Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetDigital 3 }

       dot3ChipSetDigital21143 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Digital
                       Semiconductor 21143 PCI/CardBus 10/100-Mb/s
                       Ethernet LAN Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetDigital 4 }

       dot3ChipSetDigital21340 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Digital
                       Semiconductor 21340 10/100-MB/s managed buffered
                       port switch."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetDigital 5 }

       dot3ChipSetDigital21440 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Digital
                       Semiconductor 21440 Multiport 10/100Mbps
                       Ethernet Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetDigital 6 }

       dot3ChipSetDigital21540 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Digital
                       Semiconductor 21540 PCI/CardBus Ethernet LAN
                       Controller with Modem Interface."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetDigital 7 }

       dot3ChipSetTI         OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 7 }

       dot3ChipSetTIE100 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Texas
                       Instruments TNETE100 ThunderLAN PCI Fast
                       Ethernet Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetTI 1 }

       dot3ChipSetTIE110 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Texas
                       Instruments TNETE110 ThunderLAN PCI 10 Base-T
                       Ethernet Adapter."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetTI 2 }

       dot3ChipSetTIX3100 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Texas
                       Instruments TNETX3100 Desktop ThunderSWITCH."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetTI 3 }

       dot3ChipSetTIX3150 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Texas
                       Instruments TNETX3150 ThunderSWITCH."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetTI 4 }

       dot3ChipSetTIX3270 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Texas
                       Instruments TNETX3270 ThunderSWITCH 24/3."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetTI 5 }

       dot3ChipSetToshiba    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 8 }

       dot3ChipSetToshibaTC35815F OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Toshiba
                       TC35815F PCI-Based 100/10Mbps Ethernet
                       Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetToshiba 1 }

       dot3ChipSetLucent     OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 9 }

       dot3ChipSetLucentATT1MX10 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Lucent
                       Technologies ATT1MX10 (Spinnaker) Quad MAC and
                       Tranceiver for Ethernet Frame Switching."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetLucent 1 }

       dot3ChipSetLucentLUC3M08 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Lucent
                       Technologies LUC3M08 Eight Ethernet MACs for
                       10/100 Mbits/s Frame Switching."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetLucent 2 }

       dot3ChipSetGalileo    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 10 }

       dot3ChipSetGalileoGT48001 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Galileo
                       Technology GT-48001A Switched Ethernet
                       Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetGalileo 1 }

       dot3ChipSetGalileoGT48002 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Galileo
                       Technology GT-48002A Switched Fast Ethernet
                       Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetGalileo 2 }

       dot3ChipSetGalileoGT48004 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Galileo
                       Technology GT-48004A Four Port Fast Ethernet
                       Switch for Multiport 10/100BaseX Systems."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetGalileo 3 }

       dot3ChipSetGalileoGT48207 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Galileo
                       Technology GT-48207 Low-Cost 10 Port Switched
                       Ethernet Controller for 10+10/100BaseX."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetGalileo 4 }

       dot3ChipSetGalileoGT48208 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Galileo
                       Technology GT-48208 Advanced 10 Port Switched
                       Ethernet Controller for 10+10/100BaseX."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetGalileo 5 }

       dot3ChipSetGalileoGT48212 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Galileo
                       Technology GT-48212 Advanced 14 Port Switched
                       Ethernet Controller for 10+10/100BaseX."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetGalileo 6 }

       dot3ChipSetJato       OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 11 }

       dot3ChipSetJatoJT1001 OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the Jato
                       Technologies JT1001 GigEMAC Server
                       10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Controller with PCI
                       interface."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetJato 1 }

       dot3ChipSetXaQti      OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dot3ChipSets 12 }

       dot3ChipSetXaQtiXQ11800FP OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the XaQTI
                       XQ11800FP XMAC II Gigabit Ethernet Media Access
                       Controller."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetXaQti 1 }

       dot3ChipSetXaQtiXQ18110FP OBJECT-IDENTITY
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION "The authoritative identifier for the XaQTI
                       XQ18110FP GigaPower Protocol Accelerator."
           ::= { dot3ChipSetXaQti 2 }

       -- For those chipsets not represented above, OBJECT IDENTIFIER
       -- assignment is required in other documentation, e.g.,
       -- assignment within that part of the registration tree
       -- deletaged to individual enterprises (see RFC1155).