From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 98 06:17:33 EST

=========================================================================
IEEE Systems Management Workshop
April 22-24, 1998
Newport, Rhode Island (USA)
=========================================================================

SCOPE
The scope of this workshop is managing networked applications, including
the increasingly pervasive applet.

FORMAT
In addition to research papers, the workshop features panel discussions
on: vendor approaches to applications management (with participation
expected from Advanced Internet Management, BGS, BMC, and Tivoli and
others) as well as user perspectives on systems and applications
management (with participation from leaders in banking, manufacturing,
and education).  There will be two industry keynotes: Jim Herman (VP
Northeast Consulting Resources, Inc.) will speak on management systems
in the Internet Era of Computing and Jon Siegel (Object Management
Group) will discuss integrating business with eBusiness using CORBA.

SPECIAL EVENT
On Thursday April 23, an offsite banquet will be held at a turn-of-the
century mansion.

KEY DATES
  March 31: Last day for registration at the workshop hotel
  April 1:  Lasy day for advanced registration

WORKSHOP URLs
General: http://www.csd.uwo.ca/conf/smw3.html
Registration: http://www.csd.uwo.ca/conf/smw98/register.html

Attendance is limited, so register early.

(We apologize if you receive duplicate notices.)