Subject: New WG Charter

From: "Dan Romascanu ELdevmt-TA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 98 14:07:27 +0300

Steve,

First, I hope that you feel better and I wish you all the good health.

The Hub MIB WG met last week in LA, and approved a new charter and 
schedules for new work. Besides new text and schedules, the request 
includes changing the name of the new WG to 'Ethernet Interfaces and Hub 
MIB WG', which better reflects the present scope of our work.

Please find in the following the new charter. John Curran attended the 
meeting and he should confirm it as Area Director and IESG officer.

Let me know if I need to do anything else to have the update formaly 
recorded.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan
WG Chair,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Dan Romascanu,
Systems Architecture Group Manager,
LANNET Ltd.,
Voice: 972-3-645-8414, e-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------

IEEE 802.3 Interfaces and Hub MIB (hubmib) 

Last Modified: 05-Apr-1998

Chair(s):

Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s): 

John Curran <[email-masked]>
Michael O'Dell <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor: 

John Curran <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists: 

General Discussion:[email-masked] 
To Subscribe: [email-masked] 
Archive: ftp://ftp.rose.hp.com/pub/hubmib 

Description of Working Group

The Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB WG is Chartered to define a set of 
managed objects that instrument devices (repeaters, MAUs, interfaces) 
that conform to the IEEE 802.3 standard for Ethernet.

This set of objects should be largely compliant with, and even draw from 
IEEE 802.3, although there is no requirement that any specific object be 
present or absent.

The MIB object definitions produced will be for use by SNMP and will be 
adequately consistent with other SNMP objects, standards and conventions.

Goals and Milestones:

March-April 1998 	Meet at the 41st IETF to discuss implementation 
experience of RFC 2108 and RFC 2239, and to consider future extensions 
for Full Duplex operation and 1 Gigabit Ethernet Speeds

April - June 1998 	Gather implementation experience feedback concerning 
RFC 2108 and RFC 2239

June 1998	Post Internet-Draft(s) for Full Duplex and 1 Gigabit Ethernet 
MIB extensions

August 1998	Meet at the 42nd IETF to discuss the Internet-Draft(s) and 
issue
recomendations concerning advancement of RFC 2108 and RFC 2239 on the 
standards
track

September 1998	Post revised Internet-Draft(s)

October 1998	WG Last Call

November 1998	Submit final version of the Internet-Draft(s) to the IESG 
for consideration as Proposed Standards