Subject: [Hubmib] Re-Charter Proposal

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:09:51 +0200

Please find below the proposal for the re-charter of the Ethernet Interfaces
and Hub MIB WG, as discussed in Minneapolis. Please send your comments and
proposals for improvement to the list. Id we have a consensus on the charter
proposal, I will submit it by the end of the week to the Area Director for
approval in the IESG.

Regards,

Dan

The Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB WG is Chartered to define a set of
managed objects that instrument devices, MAUs and interfaces that conform to
the IEEE 802.3 standard for Ethernet. This set of objects should be largely
compliant with, and even draw from IEEE 802.3, although there is no
requirement that any specific object be present or absent. The MIB object
definitions produced will be for use by SNMP and will be adequately
consistent with other SNMP objects, standards and conventions.

The WG will define new MIB objects to cover the following 802.3 technologies
	P802.3ae - 10 Gb/s Ethernet
	P802.3af - DTE Power via MDI

The documents structure and their relationship with the current WG documents
is to be decided 

Goals and Milestones
May 01 - decide on new WG items document structure
June 01 - Issue WG Drafts
November 01 - WG Last Call
January 02 - Forward Internet-Drafts to the AD/IESG

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib