Subject: [Hubmib] WIS MIB Design Team

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:43:24 +0200

Following the joint meeting of the AToM MIB and Ethernet Interfaces and Hub
MIB Working Groups in London, we decided to establish a Design Team that
will focus in the next three months on discussing and proposing an
appropriate solution for the IEEE 802.3ae WAN Interface Sublayer (WIS) MIB,
and specifically answering the following questions:

1. What is the layers model for the Ethernet-WIS interfaces, and how will
this model map to the Interfaces MIB? 

2. What is the proposed mapping of the management objects in IEEE 802.3ae in
the WIS MIB, and SONET MIB? 

3. What is the proposed solution for supporting the performance counters in
a manner that would be satisfy both users / applications using
Ethernet/RMON, and SONET methods of performance monitoring?

Currently the Design Team membership is as follows:

KC Norseth - [email-masked]
Mike (CM) Heard - [email-masked]
Kaj Tesink - [email-masked]
Mike Ayers - [email-masked] 
John Flick - [email-masked] 
Kerry McDonald - [email-masked]
Hing-Kam Lam - [email-masked]

KC Norseth will act as the Design Team moderator. In this quality he will
establish the team logistics and mode of work, and will update and report
progress to the WG Chairs, and to the e-mail lists. We expect the Design
Team work to conclude by October 15, 2001 - in time for the recommendations
to be incorporated in the next round of Internet-Drafts for the Salt Lake
City meeting.

If any other individuals would like to participate in the work of the Design
Team, they are invited to join, but we expect that they will contact KC for
this purpose as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Faye Ly
Nathan Kohn
Dan Romascanu