Subject: [Hubmib] Clarification of the 10GBASE-W ELTE function

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:27:59 -0800 (PST)

Colleagues,

FYI: the following contribution to T1X1.5 (written by Tom
Alexander, David Martin, and Steve Gorshe) may be of interest,
as it presents a detailed argument that ELTE can be
realized within existing NEs -- e.g. as a 10GBASE-W line
card -- and does not require a separate external piece of
equipment.  That was exactly the message of the last slide
in the WIS MIB design team's IETF52 presentation (see
http://norseth.org/ietf/hubmib/ietf52wisMibPresentation.PDF)
illustrating a 10GBASE-W interface on a SONET ADM.

Regards,

Mike Heard

CONTRIBUTION#: T1X1.5/2002-027 (2X150270)
LINK: http://www.t1.org/FileMgr/GetOneFile.taf?FileName=2X150270&NW=Y
TITLE: Clarification of the 10GBASE-W Ethernet Line Terminating 
Equipment (ELTE) function and its realization within existing SONET 
equipment
DESC: This contribution clarifies the issues that have been raised with 
regards to the proposed ELTE function, needed to adapt a 10GBASE-W 
Ethernet WAN-PHY signal to a SONET/SDH STS-192c/VC-4-64c signal. In 
particular, we demonstrate that such adaptation does not need 
additional NEs; that is, the ELTE function can be realized by existing 
NEs, and does not require new equipment to be added to a SONET/SDH 
network.
CONTACT(S): Steve Gorshe ([email-masked] (503) 431-7440)
SOURCE: Nortel Networks, PMC-Sierra

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib