Subject: Re: [Hubmib] AD review of draft-ietf-hubmib-wis-mib-04.txt

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:33:01 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, C. M. Heard wrote:
> A word on the schedule:  I am currently away from home, and I will
> be gone until approximately 8 Dec 2002.  I will start working on
> an updated draft at that time (assuming, of course, that we achieve
> consensus on the AD review comment resolutions by then).

To date, there has been no feedback on my responses to Bert's AD
review comments.  Before I post an updated WIS MIB draft, it would be
helpful to hear from the WG, the AD, and (for the proposal to revise
the author list) from the WG chair and the co-authors of the draft.

Thanks,

Mike

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:50:00 +0100

> > > - It would be good to add the wg mailinglist info to the 
> > >   DESCRIPTION clause of the MODULE-IDENTITY
> > 
> > I want to push back on this.  The link to the WG web page provides
> > that information (including subscription information and the location
> > of the mailing list archive) and more.  Providing a link, rather than
> > repeating the information, directs the user to the most current
> > information (mailing lists do move sometines).  [Incidentally, I intend
> > to propose having a link to the WG web page in the MODULE-IDENTITY
> > description as an official MIB reviewer's guideline, and I guess this
> > will be discussed at more length on the MIB reviewer's list.]
> 
Problem with that one is that once the doc turns into an RFC it lives
forever, and a WG wiull (at some point) be closed down after which
I believe that the WG charter page disappears. The mailing list often
lives on at least for a while.

Bert