Subject: RE: [Hubmib] AD review of draft-ietf-hubmib-wis-mib-04.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:50:00 +0100

> > > - It would be good to add the wg mailinglist info to the 
> > >   DESCRIPTION clause of the MODULE-IDENTITY
> > 
> > I want to push back on this.  The link to the WG web page provides
> > that information (including subscription information and the location
> > of the mailing list archive) and more.  Providing a link, rather than
> > repeating the information, directs the user to the most current
> > information (mailing lists do move sometines).  [Incidentally, I intend
> > to propose having a link to the WG web page in the MODULE-IDENTITY
> > description as an official MIB reviewer's guideline, and I guess this
> > will be discussed at more length on the MIB reviewer's list.]
> 
Problem with that one is that once the doc turns into an RFC it lives
forever, and a WG wiull (at some point) be closed down after which
I believe that the WG charter page disappears. The mailing list often
lives on at least for a while.

Bert
_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:06:36 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

> > > information (mailing lists do move sometimes). [Incidentally, I intend
> forever, and a WG [will] (at some point) be closed down after which

That point is well-taken, so I'll copy the mailing list information from the
WG web page into the DESCRIPTION clause of the MODULE-IDENTITY invocation.  
I'll leave the pointer to the WG page since it is still possible that it
could be helpful if the mailing list information goes stale.

//cmh

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:06:36 -0800 (PST)

//cmh