Subject: FW: [Hubmib] RFC 4836 on Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3Medium Attachment Units (MAUs)

From: "Wijnen, Bert \(Bert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:56:04 +0200

Congrats and many thanks (specifically to the editor and reviewers). 

Bert Wijnen
Chair of the IETF HUBMIB WG 
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 2:59 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Hubmib] RFC 4836 on Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE
802.3Medium Attachment Units (MAUs)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4836

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for 
                    IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) 
        Author:     E. Beili
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      67
        Characters: 151012
        Obsoletes:  RFC3636
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hubmib-rfc3636bis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4836.txt

This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community.  In particular, it defines objects for managing IEEE 802.3
Medium Attachment Units (MAUs).  This document obsoletes RFC 3636.
It amends that specification by moving MAU type OBJECT-IDENTITY
definitions and relevant textual conventions into a separate Internet
Assigned Number Authority (IANA) maintained MIB module.  In addition,
management information is added to enable support for Ethernet in the
First Mile (EFM) and 10GBASE-CX4 MAUs.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be added to or
deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should be sent to
[email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending an
EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib