Subject: [humanresolv] Abstract humanresolvers idea

From: "Pars Mutaf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 20:10:57 +0200

Dear members of the humanresolvers mailing list,

The humanresolvers mailing list is still making its very first step,
waiting for
responses from the mailing list members. Below is probably the simplest
abstract description  (i.e. not entering any solution space) that is open to
discussion. Comments are welcome! If you have subscribed with some
other vision in mind, please do not hesitate to share it.

Reaching a target cell phone based on target user's consent
===========================================

Target cell phone user publishes an identifier. Using this identifier
the initiator user requests access to the target cell phone and its
resources. For example, a SIP URI for opening a SIP session, or HTTP
access to the target cell phone can be requested (for example,
for browsing some photos taken by the target cell phone).

The target user approves or denies the request.

Note:

One way to achieve this is e-mail. The target user can publish an
e-mail address. The initiator user can request a SIP URI or HTTP URL
from the target user via e-mail. This would be a bad approach for two
reasons:

    1) The published e-mail address allows direct access to the
       target user, and hence can be used for spamming.

    2) The above solution may also be used for requesting e-mail
       address from the target user.

Regards,
pars
_______________________________________________
humanresolvers mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/humanresolvers