Subject: [I2nsf] gap analysis - I2NSF vs. I2RS

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:19:42 +0100

Hello,

We are working on a new version of gap analysis document for I2NSF. Since it
is important for us to identify the exact scope of each WG that might have
any overlap with the work we are doing in I2NSF,   we invite you to provide
us your inputs on our work.

The following is our current context about your group. 

------

I2NSF should leverage the protocols developed by I2RS. I2NSF is only 
   to develop the additional information models and data models for 
   distributed security functions, like FW and IPS/IDS. 
The Policy structure specified by [bnpModel] can be used by I2NSF to 
   be extended to include recursive actions to other security functions.

   [bnpModel] Hares, S., Wu, Q.,"An Information Model for 
              Basic Network Policy", 
              http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2rs-bnp-info-model-01,

              October 2014
-----

Thanks,
Best,
Hosnieh