Subject: [I2nsf] An Updated I-D of Software-Defined Networking Based Security Services using Interface to Network Security Functions

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 01:00:48 +0900

Hi all,
I have posted an updated I-D:
- Title
   Software-Defined Networking Based Security Services using Interface to
Network Security Functions

- File
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-i2nsf-sdn-security-services-05

- Changes from Version 04:

   o  According to the change of terminology in the I2NSF framework, the
      names of the components and interfaces are updated as follows:
      Application Controller -> I2NSF Client, Security Function (SF) ->
      Network Security Function (NSF), Vendor System -> Developer's
      Management System, Service Layer Interface -> Client Facing
      Interface, Capability Layer Interface -> NSF Facing Interface.

   o  Three use cases described in this document can use a data model
      corresponding to the information model for the I2NSF capability
      interface.

   o  The proposed framework of SDN-based security services can be
      combined to a security management architecture for handling
      security policies.

   o  The proposed framework can enforce low-level security policies in
      NSFs by using a service function chaining (SFC) enabled I2NSF
      architecture.

In this revision, we show that our three new I-Ds can be combined to
this I-D for a better harmonization of SDN and NFV for network security
services.
   o
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kim-i2nsf-security-management-architecture-01
   o https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hyun-i2nsf-sfc-enabled-i2nsf-00
   o *https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-i2nsf-capability-interface-yang-00
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-i2nsf-capability-interface-yang-00>*

My team will be working on the implementation of this I-D on OpenDayLight
and
OpenStack.

It will be great for you to take a look at this I-D and give us comments or
suggestions.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul
-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>