Subject: [Iccrg] Re: [Tsvwg] Re: [tsv-area] consensus call: bringing new congestion control to the IETF
From: [email-masked] (Sally Floyd)
Date: Thu Jun 14 18:13:45 2007

> I'd like to double-check that the area still has consensus on the 
> revised ION, before I bring it back to the IESG for final approval. 
> Please send comments by next Friday, June 22.

I looked over the changes, and I support this document
moving to the IESG for final approval.

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

From: [email-masked] (Wesley Eddy)
Date: Thu Jun 14 16:15:24 2007
Subject: [Iccrg] agenda requests
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 10:41:53AM -0400, Wesley Eddy wrote:
> If you have some research to discuss or want to present on some topic
> that the ICCRG would be interested in, please send a short note to me by
> July 6, to let me know what you want to talk about and how much time you
> expect to need.
> 
> Thanks!

I should've said that this is for the upcoming meeting in Chicago at the
IETF meeting, in case that wasn't clear.

-- 
Wesley M. Eddy
Verizon Federal Network Systems

From: [email-masked] (Lars Eggert)
Date: Fri Jun 15 08:48:36 2007
Subject: [Iccrg] Re: [Tsvwg] Re: [tsv-area] consensus call: bringing new congestion control to the IETF
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]><[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Skipped content of type multipart/mixed-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 2446 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/pipermail/iccrg/attachments/20070614/e32ce7a2/smime-0001.bin

From: [email-masked] (Lars Eggert)
Date: Thu Jun 14 13:06:33 2007
Subject: [Iccrg] Re: TSVAREA meeting in Chicago
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

On 2007-5-28, at 15:59, ext Lars Eggert wrote:
> We are planning to have our usual open Transport Area meeting in  
> Chicago. Please send agenda requests to the ADs.

We have not received any requests for agenda time. If you would like  
a slot, please reply by June 26 at the latest. (In the absence of  
agenda requests, we'll not meet.)

The purpose of the TSVAREA meeting is to inform about and discuss  
important issues, developments and work within the transport area or  
outside work that impacts the transport area. In contrast to TSVWG,  
TSVAREA does not produce any documents. TSVAREA can include tutorial- 
style talks on tranport topics, maybe based on related IRTF or other  
research work. Again, we encourage relevant presentations from both  
within the transport area and from outside parties, such as other  
IETF WGs or the IRTF.

Lars

PS: Reply-to set to [email-masked].
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 2446 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/pipermail/iccrg/attachments/20070614/3e4b3688/smime.bin
>From [email-masked]  Thu Jun 14 15:41:53 2007
From: [email-masked] (Wesley Eddy)
Date: Thu Jun 14 15:53:26 2007
Subject: [Iccrg] agenda requests
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

If you have some research to discuss or want to present on some topic
that the ICCRG would be interested in, please send a short note to me by
July 6, to let me know what you want to talk about and how much time you
expect to need.

Thanks!

-- 
Wesley M. Eddy
Verizon Federal Network Systems

From: [email-masked] (Bob Briscoe)
Date: Thu Jun  7 12:04:58 2007
Subject: [Iccrg] Invitation to join new unofficial IETF mailing list: re-ECN
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Folks,

You are invited to subscribe to a new unofficial IETF mailing list on 
re-ECN via <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/re-ecn>

Re-ECN is proposed as an extension to explicit congestion notification 
(ECN) intended to enable enforcement of fairness for congestion control & 
QoS including mitigation of DDoS and prevention of cheating between both 
networks & users.

Why has this list been created?:
At the last IETF in Prague, about 30-40 people got together at an 
unofficial BoF (Birds of a Feather) to hear about the architectural intent 
of re-ECN and to discuss how to move forward.

It was decided to take an ad hoc approach initially, somewhat along the 
lines of how HIP got started. If a community hangs together around this 
work, then it may form an IRTF or IETF working group.

The room was unanimous that re-ECN addresses a problem that is interesting, 
and about 75% were interested in using it, if it was implemented. Half a 
dozen people expressed interest in implementing the protocol. Full notes, 
transcript & slides as well as background papers are at:
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/projects/refb/#Presentations>

If interested in discussion of design and implementation of the re-ECN 
protocol, pls subscribe via the link at the start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re-ECN is not an official working group of the IETF or IRTF. But the IETF 
has agreed to host the list to create a community around this work who may 
wish to bring it forward for standardisation. As such, if you subscribe, 
you will be asked to note well the normal IETF rules.

This invitation will only be sent to relevant lists once. But apologies if 
you are on more than one of these lists.

Cheers

Bob

____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe, <[email-masked]>      Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/77 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.    +44 1473 645196