Subject: [iccrg] Deadline extended to July 15th: Feature Topic on People-centric Internet of Things: CFP - IEEE Communications Magazine

From: Pei Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:48:28 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Due to multiple request and issues with the submission system, the deadline  
for submission has been extended to July 15th. Thank you for your patience.

Our apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.

Call for papers

IEEE Communications Magazine - Feature Topic on People-centric Internet of  
Things

This CFP can be accessed via the link:  
http://www.comsoc.org/commag/cfp/people-centric-internet-things

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURE TOPIC

PEOPLE-CENTRIC INTERNET OF THINGS

CALL FOR PAPERS

Internet of Things (IoT) is designed to operate in conjunction with and in  
service of people. Therefore, people can be viewed as an integral part of  
the IoT ecosystem. Although considerable work has been done in the recent  
past regarding IoT, many challenges have remained. In fact, most  
technologies and solutions for accessing real-world information are either  
closed, platform-specific, or application-specific. Recent efforts to  
define IoT reference architectures, such as IoT-A, OpenIoT, SENSEI, or  
FI-WARE, are important steps in the right direction, but they still lack  
features that are important for people-centric applications, such as  
adaptability, intuitiveness, and integration capabilities. So, on one hand,  
there is need to define an IoT architecture that goes beyond vertical  
solutions by integrating all required technologies and components into a  
common, open and multi-application platform. On the other hand, there is  
need to develop a set of common building blocks, middleware and services  
that can be used to construct people-oriented applications in an open,  
dynamic and more effective way into smart environments including but not  
restricted to smart cities, businesses, education and e-health.

This Feature Topic solicits technical papers describing original,  
previously unpublished research, not currently under review by another  
conference or journal, pertaining to People-Centric Internet of Things,  
including architectural aspects, middleware, and applications. It provides  
a forum for a broad range of unsolicited high quality scientific research  
papers that meet the criteria of originality, presentation quality and  
topic relevance.

Submissions should clearly identify how they relate to topics under  
consideration in this special issue. Contributions describing an overall  
working system and reporting real world deployment experiences are  
particularly of interest.

This Feature Topic will focus on several topics such as:

- People-IoT Interactions

- Social Network Applications to Mobile Computing

- Context-Aware Applications and Services

- Human in the Loop

- Big Data Analysis in People-centric IoT

- Cloud-based People-centric IoT Applications and Environments

- Security and Privacy

- Prototypes, Field Experiments, Testbeds

SUBMISSIONS

Articles should be tutorial in nature and written in a style comprehensible  
to readers outside the specialty of the article. Authors must follow the  
IEEE Communications Magazine's guidelines for preparation of the  
manuscript. Complete guidelines for prospective authors can be found  
athttp://www.comsoc.org/commag/paper-submission-guidelines . It is very  
important to note that the IEEE Communications Magazine strongly limits  
mathematical content, and the combined number of figures and tables to six.  
Manuscript length (introduction through conclusions, excluding figures,  
tables and captions) should not exceed 4,500 words. Manuscripts should be  
submitted through Manuscript Central at  
http://commag-ieee.manuscriptcentral.com/ by the manuscript submission  
deadline. Please select “February 2017 / People-Centric IoT” in the drop  
down menu. For further details, please refer to 'Information for Authors'  
on the IEEE Communications Magazine web site at  
http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/sub_guidelines.html.

IMPORTANT DATES

Manuscript Submission: June 30, 2016

Decision Notification: September 15, 2016

Final Manuscripts Due: November 15, 2016

Publication Date: February 2017

GUEST EDITORS

Jorge Sá Silva, University of Coimbra, Portugal

[email-masked]

Pei Zhang, Carnegie Mellon University, USA

[email-masked]

Trevor Pering, Google, USA

[email-masked]

Fernando Boavida, University of Coimbra, Portugal

[email-masked]

Takahiro Hara, Osaka University, Japan

[email-masked]

Nicolas C. Liebau, SAP AG, Germany

[email-masked]