Subject: [iccrg] IPSN’17 Call for Demos and Posters

From: Tam Vu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 23:45:51 -0700

*IPSN’17 Call for Demos and Posters
The 16th International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor 
Networks (IPSN'17)
* http://ipsn.acm.org/2017/
In Conjunction with CPSWeek (https://cpsweek2017.ece.cmu.edu/)
April 18-21, Pittsburgh, PA, USA

The 16th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in 
Sensor Networks (IPSN 2017) draws upon many disciplines including 
networking, signal and image processing, information and coding theory, 
databases, information management, distributed algorithms, embedded 
systems, wireless communications, and machine learning. In addition to 
full-length technical papers, IPSN welcomes exciting demonstrations of 
novel sensor network technology, applications, and hardware as well as 
posters showing promising early work. IPSN seeks participation from both 
industry and academia for demonstrations and posters. Selection of 
demonstration and posters will be based on a short abstract, evaluated 
based on technical merit and innovation as well as the potential to 
stimulate interesting discussions and exchange of ideas at the 
conference. Accepted abstracts will appear in the regular conference 
proceedings. At least one author of every accepted demonstration or 
poster abstract is required to register and attend the conference.

======================================================================
*Demos *

Demo abstracts should describe both the technology being showcased as 
well as the user experience of the demo. Tables, power, and wireless 
connectivity will be provided. If a demo requires additional special 
arrangements, please describe them clearly in your submission using a 
separate third page (not part of the technical content of the abstract). 
The authors of the accepted demos will be invited to submit an optional 
short video together with the camera-ready version of the abstract. The 
videos will be linked from the conference program on the IPSN 2017 home 
page. If you have any questions, please contact the demo co-chairs: Mi 
Zhang (Michigan State University) at [email-masked] and Nicholas 
Lane (University College London, Nokia Bell Labs) at [email-masked].

======================================================================
*Posters***

Poster abstracts should report on research work where at least some 
preliminary results are available, but they need not necessarily 
describe completed work. An easel will be provided for all posters. If 
you have any questions, please contact the poster chair: Hae Young Noh 
(Carnegie Mellon University) at [email-masked].

======================================================================
*Formatting Guideline*

Poster and demonstration abstracts should be submitted as PDF files and 
be formatted using ACM SIG Proceedings Tighter Alternate Style. Poster 
and demonstration abstracts are at most 2 pages, including figures, 
tables, and references. Poster abstracts should follow the same format 
but should include a thumbnail of the planned poster as a third page. If 
a demonstration requires special arrangements, please describe them 
clearly in your submission using a separate third page. (This third page 
is not part of the technical content of the abstract and can be 
formatted at discretion of the authors). Abstracts need not be 
anonymous. Please make sure you use the latest version of the templates 
to prepare your submissions. Due to the short interval between the 
notification of acceptance and the camera-ready deadline, we strongly 
encourage authors to follow the camera-ready formatting guidelines as 
close as possible even for the initial abstract submission.

======================================================================
*Important Dates *

Poster and Demo Submission: February 3rd, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: February 10th, 2017
Camera-Ready Abstracts Due: February 17th, 2017

----------------------------------------------------
*Tam Vu, Ph.D.*
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Colorado Denver
Homepage: http://cse.ucdenver.edu/~tamvu/
Office: LW-816  /  LW - 822 (Lab)
1380 Lawrence Street, 8th Floor, Denver, Colorado - 80204
Phone Number: 303-315-0050

---

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 08:50:25 +0100

... but this one hasn't been approved. I struggle to see how this CFP is relevant to the Internet Congestion Control Research Group.

Right now the mailing list has no limitations on posts from people who are not registered and it would be great if you didn't force us to change that policy.
For several years, it was fine...

Cheers
Michael

> On 17 Jan 2017, at 07:45, Tam Vu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> IPSN’17 Call for Demos and Posters 
> The 16th International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN'17)
> http://ipsn.acm.org/2017/
> The 16th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN 2017) draws upon many disciplines including networking, signal and image processing, information and coding theory, databases, information management, distributed algorithms, embedded systems, wireless communications, and machine learning. In addition to full-length technical papers, IPSN welcomes exciting demonstrations of novel sensor network technology, applications, and hardware as well as posters showing promising early work. IPSN seeks participation from both industry and academia for demonstrations and posters. Selection of demonstration and posters will be based on a short abstract, evaluated based on technical merit and innovation as well as the potential to stimulate interesting discussions and exchange of ideas at the conference. Accepted abstracts will appear in the regular conference proceedings. At least one author of every accepted demonstration or poster abstract is required to register and attend the conference. 
> 
> Demos 
> Demo abstracts should describe both the technology being showcased as well as the user experience of the demo. Tables, power, and wireless connectivity will be provided. If a demo requires additional special arrangements, please describe them clearly in your submission using a separate third page (not part of the technical content of the abstract). The authors of the accepted demos will be invited to submit an optional short video together with the camera-ready version of the abstract. The videos will be linked from the conference program on the IPSN 2017 home page. If you have any questions, please contact the demo co-chairs: Mi Zhang (Michigan State University) at [email-masked] and Nicholas Lane (University College London, Nokia Bell Labs) at [email-masked].
> 
> Posters 
> Poster abstracts should report on research work where at least some preliminary results are available, but they need not necessarily describe completed work. An easel will be provided for all posters. If you have any questions, please contact the poster chair: Hae Young Noh (Carnegie Mellon University) at [email-masked].
> 
> Formatting Guideline
> Poster and demonstration abstracts should be submitted as PDF files and be formatted using ACM SIG Proceedings Tighter Alternate Style. Poster and demonstration abstracts are at most 2 pages, including figures, tables, and references. Poster abstracts should follow the same format but should include a thumbnail of the planned poster as a third page. If a demonstration requires special arrangements, please describe them clearly in your submission using a separate third page. (This third page is not part of the technical content of the abstract and can be formatted at discretion of the authors). Abstracts need not be anonymous. Please make sure you use the latest version of the templates to prepare your submissions. Due to the short interval between the notification of acceptance and the camera-ready deadline, we strongly encourage authors to follow the camera-ready formatting guidelines as close as possible even for the initial abstract submission.
> 
> Important Dates 
> Tam Vu, Ph.D.
> _______________________________________________
> iccrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/iccrg