Subject: [iccrg] [Networking-ProMeLLI'2017] Call for papers: ProMeLLI 2017 (Workshop on Protocols and Mechanisms for a Low-Latency Internet) June 16, 2017

From: Per Hurtig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 07:59:30 +0100

Hi,

this CFP has been approved by the chairs and might be of interest to people in the ICCRG!

Cheers,
Per

---

Dear Colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce that the 1st International Workshop on
Protocols and Mechanisms for a Low-Latency Internet (ProMeLLI 2017) will
be held on June 16, 2017, in Stockholm, Sweden (co-located with IFIP
NETWORKING 2017). The workshop website is available at:
https://promelli2017.hotell.kau.se/

---------------------------------------------------
Scope and Topics of Interest
---------------------------------------------------
Traditionally, the Internet community has worked to improve throughput
and resource utilisation. Today, the situation has evolved and most
applications and services require low latency rather than high
throughput, much because of new application patterns which are more
interactive. ProMeLLI  provides an ideal venue for researchers and
engineers to present cutting-edge work and results, as research papers
or demos, on research addressing the area of reducing and/or mitigating
network latency. We solicit original submissions, not previously
published, or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere, on
latency within the following topics:

    o Transport protocols and congestion control algorithms
    o Cloud and datacenter networks
    o Queueing disciplines
    o Multi-path strategies
    o Cross-layer solutions
    o Measurement analysis and/or new methodologies
    o Experimental results from operational networks or network
      applications

---------------------------------------------------
Submission Instructions
---------------------------------------------------
Submitted papers must be no more than 6 pages long, and should adhere to
the the same format as Networking 2017 papers, hence manuscripts must be
formatted in accordance with the IEEE Computer Society author
guidelines. The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, as well as
related information, can be found at the IEEE Computer Society website.

ProMeLLI adopts the IFIP TC Open Access policy. The IFIP DL is Open
Access. IFIP holds papers copyright, and releases it freely to authors
for any use.  Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings
published by IFIP and submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library. At least
one author of each accepted paper is required to register and present
the work in the workshop.

For submitting your paper, please follow the following link:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/submission_new.cgi?a=13506908

---------------------------------------------------
Important Dates
---------------------------------------------------
Paper submission deadline: March 8, 2017 (Extended)
Paper acceptance notification: April 12, 2017
Camera ready: April 27, 2017
Workshop: June 16, 2017

---------------------------------------------------
Technical Program Committee
---------------------------------------------------
Philip Eardley (BT)
Lars Eggert (NetApp)
Gorry Fairhurst (University of Aberdeen)
Mikael Gidlund (Mid Sweden University)
Per Hurtig (Karlstad University)
Mirja Kuehlewind (ETH Zurich)
Dirk Kutscher (Huawei)
Anders Lindgren (SICS Swedish ICT)
Jörg Ott (Technische Universität München)
Andreas Petlund (Simula Research Laboratory / University of Oslo)
Sasu Tarkoma (Helsinki University of Technology)
Klaus Wehrle (RWTH Aachen University)
Michael Welzl (University of Oslo)
Lixia Zhang (UCLA)

More names to be confirmed.

---------------------------------------------------
Workshop Organizing Committee
---------------------------------------------------
Anders Lindgren (SICS Swedish ICT)
Per Hurtig (Karlstad University)
Dirk Kutscher (Huawei)

Best regards,
ProMeLLI 2017 Organizers