Subject: [Ice] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis-16.txt> (Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 06:21:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interactive Connectivity
Establishment WG (ice) to consider the following document: - 'Interactive
Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network
   Address Translator (NAT) Traversal'
  <draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a protocol for Network Address Translator
   (NAT) traversal for UDP-based communication.  This protocol is called
   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE).  ICE makes use of the
   Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) protocol and its
   extension, Traversal Using Relay NAT (TURN).

   This document obsoletes RFC 5245.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3115/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6928: Increasing TCP's Initial Window (Experimental - IETF stream)