Subject: [Ice] Confirmation about tie breaker behavior changes ICEbis

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 03:46:24 +0000

In the changes to ICEbis during the IESG review (thanks again Christer!),
there is one item that has come up that is not just editorial:

The changing of the tie breaker value during a role change due to role
conflict has changed from a MAY to a MUST.  This was to address the very
rare situation when both sides choose the same tie breaker value.

If you disagree with this change, please let it be known.  If we don't hear
anything, we will assume consensus and proceed with publication of ICEbis.

Thanks!

By the way, you can read rest of the changes to ICEbis at the links below,
but in my opinion as shepherd after reading through all of them thoroughly,
they are editorial except for this issue.

https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis-17.txt&url2=draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis-20.txt

---

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 15:05:44 +0000

Since we haven't heard anything, we're going to declare consensus and
proceed with publication.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:46 PM Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If you disagree with this change, please let it be known.  If we don't
> hear anything, we will assume consensus and proceed with publication of
> ICEbis.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>