Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:15:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
        Authors         : Stefan Lederer
                          Cedric Westphal
                          Christopher Mueller
                          Andrea Detti
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Aytac Azgin
                          Christian Timmerer
                          Daniel Posch
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-01.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2014-07-22

Abstract:
   This document presents the usage of Information Centric Networks
   (ICN) for adaptive multimedia streaming and identifies problems,
   which have to be considered for such applications. Several important
   topics related to video distribution over ICN are presented,
   covering a range of scenarios: DASH over ICN, which leverages the
   recent ISO/IEC MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH)
   standard, layered encoding over ICN, PPSP over ICN and IPTV over
   ICN. DASH over ICN offers the possibility to transfer data from
   multiple sources as well as over multiple links in parallel, which
   is definitely an important feature, e.g., for mobile devices
   offering multiple network links. In addition to this, the named
   multimedia content is routed and cached efficiently by the
   underlying network. PPSP extends the P2P semantics to video
   streaming in ICNs. The real time constraints of IPTV and video-
   conferencing need to be addressed in ICN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/