Subject: [icnrg] Named Function SIG at ICN'2014 in Paris?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 15:29:42 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,

at the Dagstuhl seminar on ICN I was approached with the suggestion to 
run a BOF meeting to test the resonance for named functions.

As others have detected a similar need (see list below), we wonder if 
there is critical mass to justify the kickstart of such an interest 
group.

If I receive more than 10 positive replies, I will ask the ICN'2014 
organizers for a timeslot during the tutorial day (Sep 24) - please 
contact us!

Thanks,
Manolis and Christian

---

Potential topics of interest for a Named-Function SIG:

- map() and reduce() are named functions

- pub() and sub() are named functions

- aggr() is a named function (aka "data fusion")

- service centric networking, ICN workflows and data processing chains

- network function virtualization

- accounting and charging: SS7() is a function

- Turing-complete ICN: The network is the computer (TM)

- ICN as a distributed computing platform/cloud

- multi-metric routing in ICN (connectivity, link load, compute load,
   execution environment availability, security constraints ...)

- Big data analytics: clumsy data and agile functions

- IoT: handling asymmetric device capabilities in ICN

- [your suggestions here]

---
Prof. Dr. Christian F. Tschudin
Uni Basel | Computer Networks Group | cn.cs.unibas.ch