Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 04:19:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Information-centric Networking: Baseline Scenarios
        Authors         : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Borje Ohlman
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Gennaro Boggia
                          Gareth Tyson
                          Elwyn Davies
                          Antonella Molinaro
                          Suyong Eum
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-03.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2014-08-08

Abstract:
   This document aims at establishing a common understanding about a set
   of scenarios that can be used as a base for the evaluation of
   different information-centric networking (ICN) approaches so that
   they can be tested and compared against each other while showcasing
   their own advantages.  Towards this end, we review the ICN literature
   and document scenarios which have been considered in previous
   performance evaluation studies.  We discuss a variety of aspects that
   an ICN solution can address.  This includes general aspects, such as,
   network efficiency, reduced complexity, increased scalability and
   reliability, mobility support, multicast and caching performance,
   real-time communication efficiency, energy consumption frugality, and
   disruption and delay tolerance.  We detail ICN-specific aspects as
   well, such as information security and trust, persistence,
   availability, provenance, and location independence.

   This document is a product of the IRTF Information-Centric Networking
   Research Group (ICNRG).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/