Subject: [icnrg] Completion of ICNRG Last Call on draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming

From: "Dave Oran (oran)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 19:25:57 +0000

The two week period has expired with no comments received. Since this spanned the holidays I’ll leave this open until 00:00GMT on January 5 Then I’ll start the IRSG review unless comments propose otherwise.

Thanks, DaveO.

      Title           : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
      Authors         : Stefan Lederer
                        Cedric Westphal
                        Christopher Mueller
                        Andrea Detti
                        Daniel Corujo
                        Jianping Wang
                        Marie-Jose Montpetit
                        Niall Murray
                        Aytac Azgin
                        Shucheng Liu
                        Christian Timmerer
                        Daniel Posch
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-05.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2015-12-08

Abstract:
 This document considers the consequences of moving the underlying
 network architecture from the current Internet to an Information-
 Centric Network (ICN) architecture on video distribution. As most of
 the traffic in future networks is expected to be video, we consider
 how to modify the existing video streaming mechanisms. Several
 important topics related to video distribution over ICN are
 presented, covering a wide range of scenarios: we look at how to
 evolve DASH to work over ICN, and leverage the recent ISO/IEC MPEG
 Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) standard; we consider
 layered encoding over ICN; P2P mechanisms introduce distinct
 requirements for video and we look at how to adapt Peer to Peer
 Streaming Protocol (PPSP) for ICN; IPTV adds delay constraints, and
 this will create more stringent requirements over ICN as well. As
 part of the discussion on video, we discuss DRMs in ICN. Finally, in
 addition to consider how existing mechanisms would be impacted by
 ICN, this document lists some research issues to design ICN specific
 video streaming mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-05