Subject: [icnrg] [riot-devel] RIOT Release 2015.12 (fwd)

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:53:18 +0100

Hi,

  the new RIOT release re-enables the support for ICN. More details 
below.

Cheers
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:28:58 +0100
From: Cenk Gündogan <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: RIOT OS kernel developers <[email-masked]>
To: RIOT OS users list <[email-masked]>,
    RIOT OS kernel developers <[email-masked]>
Subject: [riot-devel] RIOT Release 2015.12

Dear RIOT developers and users,

I am glad to announce the sixth official release of the RIOT operating 
system:

------------------------------- * RIOT 2015.12 * 
-------------------------------

This release is packed with nearly 150 enhancements to the codebase and 
bugfixes for several known issues. It also contains a lot of new 
documentation as well as improvements to existing ones, which can be 
found in http://doc.riot-os.org/.

In addition to the above, this new release re-enables the support for 
ICN by integrating CCN-lite as a package and provides example 
applications to showcase its functionality.

Developers can now make use of a Vagrant file that ships with this 
release in order to manage a RIOT supported guest machine. This reduces 
the set-up time by delivering a system with all necessary toolchains 
installed without the need to touch the host system.

With a partial support of the Arduino API, RIOT becomes more accessible 
to a wide range of Arduino specialized developers. Although this new 
feature is still rudimentary, it already enables simple Arduino sketches 
to be compiled into RIOT.

A further highlight of this release is the introduction of SAUL, the 
[S]ensor [A]ctuator [U]ber [L]ayer. SAUL enables a portable approach to 
interact with different types of sensors and actuators on RIOT supported 
hardware by offering a unified API to the developer.

Several new platforms and device drivers found their way into this 
release. RIOT 2015.12 supports the WeIO board, the Silicon Labs Wireless 
Eval Kit (SLWSTK6220A) and the STM32 Nucleo-F401. With the new device 
driver for the enc28j60 ethernet chip it is now possible to use wired 
connections with RIOT.

Since the last release about 222 new pull requests with about 631 
commits were merged and 48 additional issues have been solved. 37 people 
generated a total of ~59779 insertions and ~12115 deletions in 980 
files.

You can download the RIOT release from Github by cloning the 
repositoryor by downloading the 
tarball:https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/archive/2015.12.tar.gz

Keep RIOTing!

- Cenk
_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel