Subject: [icnrg] CFP: IEICE Trans. Commun. -- Special Section on Information Centric Networking

From: Hitoshi Asaeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:30:12 +0900

Dear all,

I apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP announcement.

------- Special Section on Information Centric Networking: 
     Paradigms, Technologies, and Applications -------

http://www.ieice.org/eng/s_issue/cfp/2016_12EB.pdf

Submission deadline: April 8, 2016 (JST)

The IEICE Transactions on Communications announces that it will
publish a special section entitled "Special Section on Information
Centric Networking: Paradigms, Technologies, and Applications" in the
December 2016 issue.

As a future Internet technology, researches on Information Centric
Networking (ICN) are being active globally, which uses information or
content itself as an identifier of communication instead of IP
addresses. It is urgently necessary to establish the basic technology
of ICN systematically to overcome difficult problems existing on
academic and scientific base of the current information network, such
as accommodation for a huge number of different devices,
diversification, complication, mobility, virtualization, energy
saving, safety, and trustworthy. In this respect, approaches are
required from various perspectives of not only current communication
engineering but also interdisciplinary research fields including
deployment, operations, and management. Therefore, a special section
is being planned to further promote research and development of ICN
for future networks.

1. Scope
This special issue aims to identify emerging research topics regarding
Information Centric Networking. The topics covered by this special
issue include, but not limited to, the following topics. Also, closely
related topics such as content-based networks including CDN (Content
Delivery Network), content-based dissemination, and/or contents
acquisition are welcome.

• Information-Centric Networking Architecture
Information-Centric Networking Architecture Design, Content-based
Routing, In-network Caching, Autonomous Distributed System, Edge/Fog
Computing, Cloud, Energy Aware Networks
• Information-Centric Networking Principles
Content-based Measurement and Analysis, Content Provisioning,
BigData Processing, Social Network Analysis, Network Performance
Evaluation, Modeling Information-Centric Networks
• Information-Centric Networking Substrate Technologies
Name Resolution Protocols, Packet Processing, Node Architecture,
Content Mobility, Content Access Controls, Privacy and Security,
ID/Locator Separation, Transport Techniques, Flow Controls
• Information-Centric Networking Applications
M2M, IoT, Home Networks, Sensor Networks, Cyber Physical Systems,
Testbeds

2. Submission Instructions
The standard number of pages is 8. The page charges are considerably
higher for extra pages. Manuscripts should be prepared according to
the guideline in the "Information for Authors." The latest version is
available at the web site,
http://www.ieice.org/eng/shiori/mokuji_cs.html. The term for revising
the manuscript after acknowledgement of conditional acceptance for
this special section could be shorter than that for regular issues (60
days) because of the tight review schedule.

This special section will accept papers only by electronic
submission. Submit a manuscript and electronic source files
(LaTeX/Word files, figures, authors’ photos and biographies) via the
IEICE Web site https://review.ieice.org/regist/regist_baseinfo_e.aspx
by April 8, 2016 (JST). Authors should choose the Information Centric
Networking: Paradigms, Technologies, and Applications as a
"Journal/Section" on the online screen. Do not choose [Regular EB].

Contact point:
Osamu Akashi
NTT Network Innovation Laboratories
E-mail: icn-eb-special2016 AT mail.ieice.org

* Authors must agree to the "Copyright Transfer and Page Charge
Agreement" via electronic submission.
* Please note that if the submitted paper is accepted, all authors,
including authors of invited papers, are requested to pay for the
page charges covering partial cost of publications.
* At least one of the authors must be an IEICE member when the
manuscript is submitted for review. Invited papers are an
exception. We recommend that authors unaffiliated with IEICE apply
for membership. For membership applications, please visit
http://www.ieice.org/eng/member/OM-appli.html