Subject: [icnrg] Deadline extension for ICNSRA2016 - now July 15th

From: Jan Seedorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:25:45 +0200

DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 15TH!

*********************************************************************

IEEE International Workshop on
Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications
(ICNSRA 2016)
December 8, 2016 / Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
(Organized in conjunction with IEEE Globecom 2016)
http://icnsra.nz.comm.waseda.ac.jp/
*********************************************************************

Call for Papers
---------------
Today's Internet traffic is dominated by content distribution and
retrieval. With the continued, rapid explosion of networked content,
it becomes challenging to efficiently and securely provide quality of
experience to the end-user. Tomorrow’s Internet is expected to
interconnect billions of devices for both machine-to-machine
communications and integration into end-user applications, posing
challenges in addressing, security, and ease of development. To handle
the continued growth of the Internet content and the explosion of
interconnected devices that are expected, Information Centric
Networking (ICN) has emerged as an alternative to the current
host-to-host communication paradigm. ICN has generated significant
interest in the research community recently; as a result, within a
very short period the research activity as well as experimental
deployments of ICN has been significant. The state of the art of ICN
is now at a stage that allow the concerned community of researchers
and potential developers to explore how ICN applications can address
real world problems. The objective of this workshop is to cover the
recent research and development on the experimental evaluation of real
world applications of information centric networking, especially where
key challenges of scalability, security, and ease of authoring
distributed application have been explored. The workshop intends to
stimulate more discussions on state-of-the-art research in this field
and how it can address significant opportunities and challenges
emerging from an increasingly networked world. This workshop will
offer a venue for researchers from both industry and academic to
demonstrate their recent progresses on experimental validation of
Information Centric Networking solutions for the real world
applications as well as to identify remaining challenges towards
broader ICN deployment.

Topics of Interest
------------------
Original papers are welcome on (but not limited to) experimental
validation of Information Centric Networking solutions for the
following real world applications:
- ICN applications for Internet-of-Things
- ICN applications for smart vehicles
- ICN applications for Smart Grid and other critical infrastructure
- ICN for content dissemination
- ICN applications for mobility support
- Social networking applications.
- ICN applications on Real-time audio and video communications
- ICN for infrastructure sharing
- ICN applications within disaster scenarios and contested
   environments

Important Dates
---------------
Deadline for paper submission: July 1, 2016 —> EXTENDED to July 15, 2016
Acceptance/rejection announcement: September 1, 2016
Website showing technical program: September 15, 2016
Final workshop papers due: October 1, 2016
Workshop: December 8, 2016

Submission Guidelines
---------------------
All final submissions should be written in English with a maximum
paper length of 6 printed pages (10-point font) including figures
without incurring additional page charges (maximum 1 additional page
with over length page charge of USD100 if accepted). Papers exceeding
7 pages will not be accepted at EDAS. Standard IEEE conference
templates for LaTeX formats are found at
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
You may also use one of the following templates for Microsoft Word: A4,US
letter. Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process, and
all submissions must be done through EDAS at http://edas.info/N22572.

Workshop Chairs
---------------
- Hidenori Nakazato, Waseda University, Japan
- Jeff Burke, University of California at Los Angeles, USA

Technical Program Committee
---------------------------
- Mayutan Arumaithurai, Göttingen University, Germany
- Kenichi Fukuda, Fujitsu Laboratory Limited, Japan
- Toru Hasegawa, Osaka University, Japan
- Jiro Katto, Waseda University, Japan
- Nicola Blefari Melazzi, University of Rome - Tor Vergata, Italy
- Kenichi Nakamura, Panasonic, Japan
- Akihiro Nakao, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Ioannis Psaras, UCL, UK
- Giuseppe Piro, Politecnico di Bari, Italy
- Jan Seedorf, HFT Stuttgart, Germany
- Thomas Silverston, Loria , France
- Katsuhiro Simano, NTT Network Innovation laboratory, Japan
- Gwendal Simon, Telecom Bretagne, France
- Karen Sollins, MIT, USA
- Atsushi Tagami, KDDI Laboratory, Japan
- Jun Wu, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
- Tomohiko Yagyu, NEC, Japan
- Zhenyu Zhou, North China Electric Power University, China