Subject: [icnrg] ICNRG challenges published as RFC 7927

From: Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 13:32:42 +0000

Hi all,

Not sure everyone noticed - we published RFC 7927.

Thanks to all co-authors and ICNRG at large for contributing!

Best regards,
Dirk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This memo describes research challenges for Information-Centric
Networking (ICN), an approach to evolve the Internet infrastructure
to directly support information distribution by introducing uniquely
named data as a core Internet principle.  Data becomes independent
from location, application, storage, and means of transportation,
enabling or enhancing a number of desirable features, such as
security, user mobility, multicast, and in-network caching.
Mechanisms for realizing these benefits is the subject of ongoing
research in the IRTF and elsewhere.  This document describes current
research challenges in ICN, including naming, security, routing,
system scalability, mobility management, wireless networking,
transport services, in-network caching, and network management.

This document is a product of the IRTF Information-Centric Networking
Research Group (ICNRG).

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7927/