Subject: [icnrg] NFD version 0.5.0 release

From: Alex Afanasyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 22:08:59 -0700

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the release of version 0.5.0 of Named Data
Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD).

The detailed notes for the release: 
  https://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.5.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

***
Please note that this release contains several breaking changes.  See
more details in the release notes.
***

Source code, instruction how to install NFD on Ubuntu Linux (14.04,
and 16.04) and macOS (10.10, 10.11, 10.12), tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ
and other useful resources are available on the official NFD
website:
  https://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.5.0/

Binary packages of Ubuntu Linux will be available soon in our PPA
repository (https://launchpad.net/~named-data/+archive/ubuntu/ppa)

* * *

Other related updates:

- ndn-cxx library to version 0.5.0
  https://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.5.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

- NFD Developer's Guide to revision 7:
  https://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0021-6-nfd-developer-guide/

- NDN Essential Tools to version 0.4:
  https://github.com/named-data/ndn-tools

* * *

A special welcome to Zhiyi Zhang, our new contributor.

* * *

The NDN/NFD Team:
  Alexander Afanasyev, Junxiao Shi, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, Ilya Moiseenko,
  Yingdi Yu, Wentao Shang, Yanbiao Li, Spyridon Mastorakis, Yi Huang, Jerald Paul
  Abraham, Steve DiBenedetto, Chengyu Fan, Christos Papadopoulos, Davide Pesavento,
  Giulio Grassi, Giovanni Pau, Hang Zhang, Tian Song, Haowei Yuan, Hila Ben Abraham,
  Patrick Crowley, Syed Obaid Amin, Vince Lehman, Lan Wang, Eric Newberry, Yukai Tu,
  Muktadir Chowdhury, and others (https://named-data.net/project/participants/)