Subject: [icnrg] ACM SIGCOMM 2017 @ UCLA, Los Angeles: Call for Papers and Experience Track (Registration Deadline: January 20, 2017)

From: "Mayutan A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 10:30:48 +0200

ACM SIGCOMM 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS, EXPERIENCE TRACK
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2017/cfp.html

The ACM SIGCOMM 2017 conference seeks papers describing significant
research contributions to the field of computer and data communication
networks. We invite submissions on a wide range of networking research,
including, but not limited to:

    Network architectures and algorithms
    Distributed systems design, implementation & application
    Enterprise, datacenter, and storage area networks
    SDN, NFV, and network programming
    Experimental results from operational networks or network applications
    Measurement of and statistics methods/machine learning/dat mining
applied to networks
    Network monitoring and diagnosis
    Formal methods and network verification
    Economic aspects of the Internet
    Energy-aware communication
    Network management and operations
    Network security and privacy, censorship, transparency
    Network, transport, and application-layer protocols
    Fault-tolerance, reliability, and troubleshooting
    Operating system and host support for networking
    Novel physical layer technologies
    Networking hardware (Router/switch/NIC) design
    P2P and content (including video) distribution networks
    Cloud and wide-area networking systems & infrastructure
    Resource management, QoS, and signaling
    Routing, traffic engineering, switching, and addressing
    Wireless, mobile, and sensor networks
    Edge, access, and home networks
    Innovative uses of network data beyond communication

In addition to the main conference, SIGCOMM 2017 will have a series of
co-located workshops, tutorials, poster and demo sessions, a travel grant
program, and conference best paper(s) and SIGCOMM awards. For the criteria
for the selection of the conference best paper award(s), see Best Paper
Award Guidelines.
Submissions

SIGCOMM is a highly selective conference where full papers typically report
novel results firmly substantiated by experimentation, deployment,
simulation, or analysis. Submissions should be in two-column, 10-point
format, and can be up to 12 pages in length with as many additional pages
as necessary for references. Detailed submission instructions can be found
on the conference web site.

EXPERIENCE TRACK

In addition to submissions considered for the standard track, SIGCOMM 2017
will also include a submission category for experience papers on the
design, analysis, and evaluation of techniques in commercial (or otherwise
widespread) deployment. Authors must explicitly indicate whether a
submission is to be considered for this track or the standard track.
(Further information in the detailed submission instructions.)

ETHICAL CONCERNS

Authors must as part of the submission process attest that their work
complies with all applicable ethical standards of their home
institution(s), including, but not limited to privacy policies and policies
on experiments involving humans. Note that submitting research for approval
by one’s institution’s ethics review body is necessary, but not sufficient
– in cases where the PC has concerns about the ethics of the work in a
submission, the PC will have its own discussion of the ethics of that work.
The PC takes a broad view of what constitutes an ethical concern, and
authors agree to be available at any time during the review process to
rapidly respond to queries from the PC chairs regarding ethical standards.

AUTHORS TAKE NOTE

The official publication date is the date the proceedings are made
available in the ACM Digital Library. This date may be up to TWO WEEKS
prior to the first day of your conference. The official publication date
affects the deadline for any patent filings related to published work.

Important Dates
    Paper Registration Deadline: January 20, 2017 (5:00pm PST)
    Paper Submission Deadline: January 27, 2017 (5:00pm PST)
    Acceptance Notification: May 5, 2017
    Conference dates: August 21-25, 2017