Subject: [icnrg] [CFP] ACM SIGCOMM 2017 - Standard and Experience Track

From: Alex Afanasyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 11:58:30 -0700 (PDT)

====================================================
CALL FOR PAPERS: Standard Track, Experience Track
ACM SIGCOMM 2017

UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA on August 21-25, 2017

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2017/cfp.html
====================================================

The ACM SIGCOMM 2017 conference seeks papers describing significant
research contributions to the field of computer and data communication
networks. We invite submissions on a wide range of networking
research, including, but not limited to:

- Network architectures and algorithms
- Distributed systems design, implementation & application
- Enterprise, datacenter, and storage area networks
- SDN, NFV, and network programming
- Experimental results from operational networks or network
  applications
- Measurement of and statistics methods/machine learning/dat mining
  applied to networks
- Network monitoring and diagnosis
- Formal methods and network verification
- Economic aspects of the Internet
- Energy-aware communication
- Network management and operations
- Network security and privacy, censorship, transparency
- Network, transport, and application-layer protocols
- Fault-tolerance, reliability, and troubleshooting
- Operating system and host support for networking
- Novel physical layer technologies
- Networking hardware (Router/switch/NIC) design
- P2P and content (including video) distribution networks
- Cloud and wide-area networking systems & infrastructure
- Resource management, QoS, and signaling
- Routing, traffic engineering, switching, and addressing
- Wireless, mobile, and sensor networks
- Edge, access, and home networks
- Innovative uses of network data beyond communication

In addition to the main conference, SIGCOMM 2017 will have a series of
co-located workshops, tutorials, poster and demo sessions, a travel grant
program, and conference best paper(s) and SIGCOMM awards. For the criteria
for the selection of the conference best paper award(s), see Best Paper
Award Guidelines.

SUBMISSIONS

SIGCOMM is a highly selective conference where full papers typically report
novel results firmly substantiated by experimentation, deployment,
simulation, or analysis. Submissions should be in two-column, 10-point
format, and can be up to 12 pages in length with as many additional pages
as necessary for references. Detailed submission instructions can be found
on the conference web site.

EXPERIENCE TRACK

In addition to submissions considered for the standard track, SIGCOMM
2017 will also include a submission category for experience papers on
the design, analysis, and evaluation of techniques in commercial (or
otherwise widespread) deployment. Authors must explicitly indicate
whether a submission is to be considered for this track or the
standard track. (Further information in the detailed submission
instructions.)

ETHICAL CONCERNS

Authors must as part of the submission process attest that their work
complies with all applicable ethical standards of their home
institution(s), including, but not limited to privacy policies and
policies on experiments involving humans. Note that submitting
research for approval by one's institution's ethics review body is
necessary, but not sufficient – in cases where the PC has concerns
about the ethics of the work in a submission, the PC will have its own
discussion of the ethics of that work. The PC takes a broad view of
what constitutes an ethical concern, and authors agree to be available
at any time during the review process to rapidly respond to queries
from the PC chairs regarding ethical standards.

====================================================
IMPORTANT DATES

Paper Registration Deadline: January 20, 2017 (5:00pm PST)
Paper Submission Deadline: January 27, 2017 (5:00pm PST)
Acceptance Notification: May 5, 2017 
Conference dates: August 21-25, 2017
====================================================