Subject: [icnrg] Fwd: [Nfvrg] CFP/ IEEE International Workshop on Future Networks for Secure Smart Cities

From: Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 20:42:13 +0100

I saw ICN in the topic list, so this may be of interest.

Dirk

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Nfvrg] CFP/ IEEE International Workshop on Future Networks 
for Secure Smart Cities
Date: 	Mon, 28 Nov 2016 13:08:17 +0000
From: 	Maria Rita PALATTELLA <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked] 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
CC: 	Salvatore SIGNORELLO <[email-masked]>

<Apologies for cross-posting>
*************************************************************************
IEEE International Workshop on Future Networks for Secure Smart Cities
(FNSSC 2017)
May 8-12, 2017 / Lisbon, Portugal.
(Organized in conjunction with IFIP/IEEE IM 2017) _
_https://fnssc.itl.waw.pl/
*************************************************************************

Call for Papers
---------------
Future Smart Cities are expected to carry massive amount of extremely 
sensitive data related to residents’ private life. Just to mention a 
few, information about transportation, health care, public 
administration, education will be constantly collected and processed in 
order to provide citizens with essential services on a daily basis. This 
trend rises widespread concerns about the security of the infrastructure 
used to gather and analyze those data.
Traditional computer networks seem to lack all the necessary features to 
smoothly implement the required mechanisms to protect the infrastructure 
and the transferred data therein. In fact, inherent characteristics of 
traffic, network topologies and devices present in Smart Cities make the 
design and implementation of security mechanisms extremely challenging.
Although common good practices are followed by devices manufacturers and 
vendors, the integration of different devices still presents a number of 
issues with regard to interconnectivity, communication, applicability, 
security and privacy. Moreover, many of the devices classified into the 
Internet of Things have limited resources (from the point of view of 
computing power and storage), which makes the execution of complex 
communication and security mechanisms difficult.
An interesting, yet unexplored, research area lays at the intersection 
of novel network paradigms, like the Software-Defined Networking (SDN) 
and the Information-Centric Networking (ICN). Those novel approaches 
considerably extend the toolkit available to network operators by 
enhancing control and data-plane logics. Novel paradigms may solve new 
challenges of security and data privacy, energy-consumption concerns and 
issues related to massive interconnectivity of objects and services.
The Workshop on "Future Networks for Secure Smart Cities" provides a 
forum for discussions on the potential of novel networking paradigms for 
the development of Smart Cities. It brings together industry and 
academia, engineers and researchers to propose solutions as well as to 
identify open security challenges in the design and maintenance of 
solutions in urban environments

Topics of Interest
------------------
The workshop invites submissions of unpublished works proposing 
architectures and mechanisms to improve the security of services 
provided within Smart Cities. Topics of interest include (but not 
limited to):
- Architectures for security monitoring in urban environments
- Interconnection of existing services in Smart Cities
- Trust management schemas
- SDN control plane application for anomalies detection in traffic scenarios
- Security and energy-saving improvements for SDN/ICN protocols
- Solutions for interconnectivity and security in smart buildings
- Advanced fault tolerance and resiliency mechanisms
- Lightweight secure solutions to interconnect sensor networks in urban 
zones
- Threats and countermeasures of massive interconnectivity
- Use cases for SDN and ICN in Smart Cities
- Integration of SDN and ICN protocols

Important Dates
---------------
Paper registration: Dec 15, 2016 (Thursday)
Paper Submission: Dec 19, 2016 (Monday)
Notification of acceptance/rejection: Jan 30, 2017 (Monday)
Camera ready: Feb 15, 2017 (Wednesday)
Submission Guidelines
---------------------
Prospective authors are invited to submit original, unpublished works 
for publication in the IEEE IM 2017 proceedings and for presentation in 
the workshop.
Please, follow the same instructions as for IM Technical Papers 
<http://im2017.ieee-im.org/call-submissions> (IEEE 2-column style to be 
included in IEEE Xplore). However, in order to undergo the single-blind 
review process, submissions must have a maximum length of 6 pages 
(including title, abstract, all the tables and figures and references). 
Papers should be submitted through JEMS 
<https://jems.sbc.org.br/jems2/index.php?r=conference/main&c=2682> by 
selecting IM 2017 – FNSSC 2017 track.

Workshop Chairs
---------------
- Jordi Mongay Batalla, NIT, Poland.
- Jérôme François, INRIA Nancy, France.
- Thomas Engel, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg.